Saturday, November 3, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Count of Monte Cristo (1975) Richard Chamberlain, Trevor Howard, Louis Jordan, Tony Curtis

If you haven't seen this version, you can watch it free on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4S8r_aVMo

If this isn't your cuppa, hop on over to Kathy in the Ozarks to see what she is recommending.

15 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I've never seen this one, either. I might actually watch it this afternoon after I get up. Thanks for the share.

    BTW, I saw what you wrote at Kathy's blog about not having Hallmark Channel. I'll trade you for BBC America, so I can watch Dr. Who (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon over and we'll watch Doctor Who together.

      Delete
  2. Wow, a film I have actually seen, it's getting better! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With over 100 movies on my list, there's bound to be one or two, you've seen. :-D

      Delete
  3. I have heard of this one but have not seen it Happy Saturday and I love love your fall background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided to change the blog background each month. This one is for Thanksgiving

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've seen this one, and that is surprising since it came out in the 70's and I used to go to lots of movies then. Especially with Richard Chamberlain in it. Thanks for sharing. Hope its not too grey or windy where you are. Another blah weekend in the weather department. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pump is singing. Hopefully, the winds won't be too strong to knock the electricity out. The pump needs to sing to keep the water out of the basement.

      Delete
  5. It's been decades since I saw this. What a cast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent movie choice! I used to always enjoy watching this movie, I haven't seen it for ages so I've added it to my 'to watch' list ...lol 😉. Thanks and Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story but I prefer the 1934 version with Robert Donat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much love all the versions. Robert Donat will always be Mr. Chips to me (-:

      Delete
  8. I haven't seen this one, but I have heard of it! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic based on the novel by Alexandre Dumas

      Delete