Monday, January 30, 2017

One Word 2017

It took some time before I found my word to sum up this coming year. The word is Frugal. I need to be more mindful about using up materials I have and not buying stuff just to have more, or because it sounds cool, or because I can't find stuff because someone isn't always good about putting her toys away. Frugal.

I wanted to create an ATC (Artist Trading Card 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches) that would caputre this word. I was thinking I'll use this paper. Need a crayon. Some yarn scraps stitched around. And I'd write out the word in calligraphy. And then it hit me. Frugal is such an econimical word. Minimalist and so the ATC is succint.

The brown, Kraft paper arrived as packing material in something or other Himself had ordered. There was a lot of Kraft paper in the package. My favorite, blue, colored pencil still has lots of color left in it, but now elevated to an embellishment underscoring the boldy printed Word.

Do you have one word for this year?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We'll have to see how long I can live up to it. Like the Seinfeld Master of My Domain :-D

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about being frugal. I keep reminding myself I don't really need whatever it is that is tempting me. Sometimes though, its hard to resist. (So hard I don't resist). But I am doing better. I think. So I wish you luck! Its a great choice of words. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika. I might have to unsubscribe from Blick and Michael's mailing lists with coupons and sales screaming at me...Nah :-D

      Delete
  3. I've always been frugal. I use it up, or do without. I often find I'm a bit of a hoarder, so I need to pare down a bit. But being frugal has always been in my nature.

    I like the minimalist look and feel to this ATC. It IS frugal. And my word this year is Focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having more leads to hoarding. That's what it feels like to me. Since the dollhouse is bursting at the seems with stuff time to use, give away or throw away before buying more

      Delete
  4. Excellent word!!! I have been donating so much over the past few years. As you said, you buy more and more and never use what you have!

    ReplyDelete