Friday, January 27, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1.  Spent the morning ironing. An oddly enjoyable task I find very meditating.

2. The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl

3. Freezing rain and sleet caused problems for The Eldest when her shift ended at 12:30 AM and she got stuck in some slush. She called to say AAA would get to her in an hour. Another call an hour later to say AAA got her unstuck and she was on her way home. How do you spell relief? When your kid walks through the door at 2 AM safe and sound.

4. A hat I crocheted that was supposed to be a beanie looked more like a beret. The Young One liked it asked me if I could make her one, too. While waiting for The Eldest to get home the night of the storm, I crocheted the beret. The Young One posted a picture of herself on Facebook. Said she really liked her new hat.

5. Saw a great idea to make a Valentine's gift for Himself.

How was your week?

9 comments:

  1. You LIKE ironing???? You need therapy! LOL ;)(cute beret!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like to iron. Beats man cleaning a toilet
      :-D

      Delete
  2. de food servizz gurl iz tryin ta lurn ta crow shay...de operative werd bee in lurn....it taked her 5 minitz ta get de hole furst loop thing figured out !!! we waz hopin fora cat blankit...bye 2029 !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, dear Tabbies, you do make me laugh. As if you could do better sans thumbs. =^.,^= Hugs and cuddles to you

      Delete
  3. Love the Beanie. Sounds like it ended up being a good week- and go Pats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother used to like to iron. She ironed everything from her bras to my grandfather's hankies. I didn't even own an iron until I got into making quiltlets and needed to iron the fabric after I created a surface design and before I sewed it together. I bought one at the thrift store and use it for art, but NEVER for anything else!

    Love the hat. Beautiful color, too.

    Who are the Patriots? (GRIN, just joking)

    Yes, I would say that was definite relief. So glad the eldest made it home safely.

    I'm so glad you find five things to be thankful for each week. It's a great feeling, even when times and life are hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't iron much and certainly wouldn't bother ironing lingerie or sheets. There is an occasional foray into ironing garments or table linens. Usually, I use the dryer with a damp microfiber cloth, time dryer cycle at 15 min. on high to "iron" things like perma-press trousers and shirts.

      Red is The Young One's color.

      As to 5 things, it's always better to focus on a positive than a negative. Even when things seem to go to Hell in a handbasket.

      Delete
  5. I love ironing too! So does my mom! Great job on the beret!

    ReplyDelete