Sunday, January 8, 2017

View From the Dollhouse


Yesterday's snowstorm left us with 6 inches of fluffy, snow to clear from stairs, driveway, cars, and paths to bird feeders, mailbox, and a path for the oilman to reach the fill spout. Fluffy snow made for quick work, but it was cold at 9 oF. I'm not a fan of the cold and especially not a fan of snow. A friend from Scotland summed snow up perfectly. "Aye ken quinie . Sna fur Christmas day and nae mair." (Yes, I know, little girl. Snow for Christmas day and no more.)

Click on the pictures to embiggen.


View from the sun room. The wind blew snow into the seed hopper so the birds were having a tough time reaching their feed.


A nuthatch poses on the feeder and inspects the job I did shoveling the path to the feeder.



View of the front feeder. A nuthatch enjoys a meal.


A little bird marked the path I'm to shovel to the feeder.

What's the view from your house today?


4 comments:

  1. Snow is way too much work! It isn't very pretty when you're tired from all the cleaning up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Clean up from this storm was easy. Could almost sweep the snow away with a broom. Too bad all snowstorms couldn't be this easy.

      Delete
  2. So pretty!!! I love snow and the cold. I know, I'm one of the weird ones! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come here, Stacy, and are welcome to all the cold and snow.

      Delete