Friday, January 6, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things



1. Quiet New Year's Eve. Chinese food from Star Dumpling. So good. Skyped with The Young One after the ball dropped.. She was in OH spending New Year's with a friend.

2. Started a new good things journal. Painted the baseboards in the Young One's room.

3. Made beef stew in the shiny, new crockpot and baked a loaf of bread.

4. Got a call from Tufts that Ink's ashes were ready to be picked up. After the call, looked out the window and the female cardinal was at the feeder.

After his dentist appt, Himself and I went to lunch at Bison Burger, then went to bring Ink home. His ashes were in a cardboard box in a blue gift bag. I put the bag in the front window where he liked to sit and watch the birds. In the Spring, I'll bury him at the back feeder where he watched the birds, squirrels, and Timex.

5. Old people day at the movies. Himself and I went to see Rogue One in 3D in plush theater.

How was your week?

7 comments:

  1. What a sentimental week you had, CJ. Ink is back home, but it saddens me.

    They have an Old People Day at your movie theater? I want to move in with you and go with you. Maybe, because my hair has been gray/white since I was 19, they will let me in, too.

    Gosh, I would love to move in with you for another reason. Good food home cooked. I'm finding my cooking skills SUCK lately.

    Loved the five this week, even if there was a twinge of sadness involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad, but in a good way. From the Doctor Who episode, Blink: "Sad is happy for deep people.

      Old People Day at the local theater, Wedesday: if you are 60+, movie tickets for all shows is $7.00 You also get a small popcorn and a drink for $4.00

      Cooking here is not fancy. There's only 2 criteria to be met in this household. Food must be edible and hot.

      Delete
  2. Sad but nice in a way.....Glad Ink is back home where he belongs. ♥
    (What kind of crockpot did you get, I'm in the market for a new one.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new crockpot is Crock-Pot, the original slow cooker. Made by Sunbeam? I've had several makes over the years. The previous one still works, just the knob on the lid came off so you need to pry the lid open with a butter knife and wearing the oven gloves. Didn't bother me, but Himself thought we should have a new one. This one has digital controls. No knob. And automatically turns to the warm cycle when the cook cycle/timer is reached. 6 qt capacity and black removable crock. That's a must for me. The cook unit is stainless steel. Lid has a handle instead of a knob, a better design.

      Delete
    2. I want to upgrade to digital...the one I have still works but it has some bad associations for me (last year's fondue...I don't like to talk about it....lol)

      Delete
  3. Some of your New years Eve sounded a lot like mine. And sorry to hear about Ink, as I didn't know you then, but glad they are home again. The windowsill sounds like a great place until spring comes. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of emotions this week!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete