Tuesday, January 3, 2017

T Stands For Tuesday - Tea

A Cup A Day Keeps The Bear At Bay
Flipping through some images trying to come up with a T Stands for post, I came across this gem. Recycled from July 2008. A moldy oldy.

I'm participating in a new ATC exchange. The theme for this month was a free choice which I find more difficult than a set theme. What to do, what to do? Too many choices.

I'm not sure where the idea for this card came from, but it's close to being a self-portrait. Black bear is my animal totem and usually how I am first thing in the morning until I've had that first civilizing cup of tea.

The watercolor/plastic wrap background was done on Canson Mi Tientes and the clipart images were printed out, glued on and then a coat of Mod Podge. Before the caption was added, I proudly showed my card to The Eldest. She looked at the card, announced "I don't get it", and mumbled "The Emperor is naked." That puts the ego into perspective. The caption was added using Ziller's Glossy Blackwith a Gillotte 1068A

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang are up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

28 comments:

  1. Love it! I can look like that at times before my morning coffee:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people can relate to the image.
      :-D Happy T Day

      Delete
  2. Great card, I know a few people who are like this too ... lol. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel VERY bad till I've had my coffee in the morning, I can relate to this! Great card. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D I'll remember not to talk to you until you've had your cup of coffee :-D

      Delete
  4. Its a great piece for T day. I love how you did half face, half bear! Sometimes even a cup won't get me past bear stage, especially when we get a lot of snow. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it takes 3 or 4 cups of tea to get past the bear stage. And there's only 168 days until the first day of Summer and no snow! Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  5. LOL - I got it right away. Cute ATC.

    I'm a morning person but live with a morning bear. I've learned to just stay out of his way first thing in the AM. It works. We just celebrated our 49th anniversary.

    Happy T Day, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your strategy must be working. Happy Anniversary!

      Delete
  6. I'm a big fan of ATCs, so this one really made my morning. I'm also a bear before my coffee, my drink of choice. Thanks for sharing this lovely ATC with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee, tea. Tomato. Tomahto. That all important caffeine rush is what's important. Happy T Day

      Delete
  7. oh yes, caffeine is needed first thing. I have a fun phrase posted on my fridge: "Morning people, be perky at your peril!" ha ha... so i totally get your bear piece! Happy T day, and Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D That phrase needs to be calligraphed. Happy T Day and a Happy New Year

      Delete
  8. Kids. They just don't understand:)
    I'm interested in the bear totem. What does that translate into as far as your characteristics...besides not being a morning person. Heh heh. And how would one go about finding there animal totem? Hmmm, sounds like a post for you to blog on.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had blogged about this quite some time ago, but a search hasn't turned up anything. Thanks for suggesting a blog post. :-D

      Delete
  9. Its a great card. I' am no mood for anything or anyone before I have my first cup of tea in the mornings.
    Happy New Year and
    Happy T Day.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I consider the bear my animal totem also... While in CA i got to meet one face to face on the trail... We were both shocked to come around a corner and find ourselves face to face... He or she went one way and i went the other.... lol Happy happy T day... hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! How lucky you were. I have only seen bears in a zoo. And as a rule, bears are not agressive.

      Delete
  11. This made me smile! First cup of coffee of the day is the best! Happy New Year and Happy T Day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, just those few minutes to collect yourself before the world starts knocking at your door.

      Delete
  12. Hahah...not a morning person, eh? Me neither! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Southpaw and not a morning person. No wonder we get along so well!

      Delete
  13. Bears are close to my spirit, too, and I don't want to keep them at bay ;) I get the idea, though, and coffee first thing in the morning is a wonderful way to transition smoothly into the more active part of the day. Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. You can't shock your system and just jump into your day. You must ease into it. Happy T Day

      Delete