Friday, January 13, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Red let me launder a quilt at her house as my washing machine doesn't have a bedding setting and hers does. While waiting for the quilt to go through the cycle, we enjoyed some tea she got as a Christmas present. I had a Chai tea with star anise. Very nice.

2. Snowstorm on Saturday didn't cause return trip problems on Sunday for the Young One. Her plane must have picked up a good tail wind as it landed 15 minutes earlier than the ticketed time.

3. Had lunch with my calligraphy teacher and friend. She gave me me a whole bunch of books and items to use as lesson plans in my class. She also gave me all her notes for the Reggie Ezzell's 26 Seeds master class she took several years ago. I'll be starting the Reggie class in March.

4. Someone at Tuft's Animal Hospital sent me a clay impression of Ink's pawprint. Such a thoughtful gesture.

5. Thursday, the middle of January and the temperature was 55 oF. It felt like sun room weather. If only the rest of the Winter would stay this mild.

How was your week?

7 comments:

  1. I've been watching your weather, and it is MUCH BETTER than ours. Tuesday it was in the 60s F, and Thursday's high was 34. Today's high is supposed to be 28 F. So, it's a good thing the young one's plane flight wasn't canceled.

    How incredibly thoughtful of the people at Tufts. A genuine gift and thoughtfulness from the heart. I should do the same as a memento for my "boys." You have inspired me. Happy Friday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been much better than yours, for a change (-; Heard your weather is nasty for the weekend. Stay safe.

      I was so surprised and touched by the gesture from Tufts

      Delete
  2. 4

    ~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥

    =^,,^=

    loves two ewe N yur familee buddy ~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tabbies! Number 4 was the best. Hugs to you, too.

      Delete
  3. Very thoughtful gesture! Very touching!

    ReplyDelete