Friday, January 20, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Attended a funeral for a friend's mother. The singer had a high soprano voice. A little too high for me, but she wasn't a bad singer. She started singing the "Ave Maria" which was Dad's signature solo in the church choir. Suddenly, I felt Dad next to me and heard him whisper, "I sing it better." I said, "Shhh, behave." and almost started to laugh. Truth be told, he had a beautiful voice  and did sing the "Ave Maria" better.

2. Had the annual Christmas celebration with the Brother and his family. What a great time we had laughing and sharing stories. Note to self: we should get together more often.

3. Crows swooped to the bird feeder like planes landing at the airport. I've never seen crows at the bird feeder. Thought they were carnivore. Didn't know they ate seed, too.

4. While waiting up for The Eldest to get home from work, I flipped in to MeTV and watched Perry Mason.  Pleasantly surprised to see DeForest Kelley in the episode.

5. One of Himself's colleagues takes an annual trip to Germany. Himself met the fellow in the hall at school and was asked, "Does your wife like chocolate?" Himself came home with a bar of chocolate for me.

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. All sounds good to me!Especially bar of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to have a bad week where chocolate is involved

      Delete
  2. Great week! Especially the chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'm going to have to start watching ME TV. I love Perry Mason. Decades TV had Ironside on for a day last month. I was a big fan of Raymond Burr.

    Sounds like chocolate made your day. You can thank the Husband who knows you so well, I guess.

    As for your guess, YES, it was for a Virginia Slims ad from 1977. I added my own text, though. You have a good memory, because I had never seen it before (or the cigarette for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate always makes my day. As to the Virginia Slims cigarettes, you were probably too young

      Delete
  4. CJ....I've seen crows eat trash, no joke; heard once they are literally the "garbage men" of the burd world as they pick up and clean up; and yea, your dad was totally with you ♥♥♥ laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they ate road kill, but didn't know they would eat plant based stuff, too. And Dad being totally Dad. (-:

      Delete
  5. You made me smile about your dad! How precious!
    Crows will eat anything, especially if they are hungry! It all depends what is around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, learn something new every day. Thanks, Stacy

      Delete