Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Four Feathers (1939) John Clements, Ralph Richardson

or


The Four Feathers (2002), Heath Ledger, Wes Bentley

If you haven't seen this movie, the 1939 version is available on YouTube.

16 comments:

  1. You won't believe this, but I have actually seen this film sometime in my distant past! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever saw the original, nor the remake. And I just noticed your teaching schedule on the left side of your blog. I used to do calligraphy for the fun of it a long time ago. And as you can probably tell from some of my blog artwork, I love all things medieval and illuminated manuscripts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The British Library, Bodleian Library, Heidelberg, Trinity College (Book of Kells) have been digitizing their collection of medieval manuscripts. Here's a list of links: Bodleian Library http://bav.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/

      British Library Medieval Manuscripts Blog http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/digitisedmanuscripts/

      Trinity College – Book of Kells
      http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/home/index.php?DRIS_ID=MS58_003v

      Heidelberg University
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/en/bpd/index.html

      Delete
  3. I know I saw the 2002 version, but I don't remember the film. Maybe its time to rewatch it. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good choice during tomorrow afternoon's icky weather.

      Delete
  4. It sounds familiar but I don't think I have seen this one-Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably enjoy it. A dash of romance with a dash or action.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me, too. Just something about the old films.

      Delete
  6. I've never even HEARD of this one before. Once again, just call me a mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never spent your formative years in front of the electronic babysitter. That's not a bad thing.

      Delete
  7. I've seen the '39 version and didn't remember it being remade again that recently. I always meant to watch the other remakes but then I forgot lol The '39 version, though, is well worth watching. Great film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. When actors could act and writers told a good story.

      Delete
  8. I have never even heard about this one! I have to watch it! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete