Saturday, March 2, 2019

Second on the Second - Oh, No!


Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet  was supposed to be my assistant.  He was supposed to do all the necessary things I didn't want to do (cooking, cleaning, etc.) so I had all the time in the world to create in my studio, take classes, travel.

 At first, I thought I wanted a "wife" to do the mundane tasks, but realized the poor wife would need some time off to take care of herself. As a machine, Robby would be perfect for the job. He wouldn't need time off. So, I put him on my vision board in plain sight, and if it's on a vision board it's supposed to happen!

But looks like Robby was auctioned off for a whopping $5Million without my knowledge. Deep sigh. Forlorn look. Guess I'll just have to save my pennies for the next auction.


Forbidden Planet (1956), Robby the Robot, Leslie Nielsen, Walter Pidgeon

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

24 comments:

  1. Sorry things didn't work out with Robby - you'll have to save up more money! Happy 2nd on the 2nd, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the way? Just when you think you have enough, they raise the price. :-D

      Delete
  2. I actually remember your vision board. I thought the chocolate sitting on the craft table to die for was so funny. But Robbie would be a welcome addition, too. Really great vision board and a funny take on this second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is a great source of inspiration as well as a good motivator. :-D

      Delete
  3. Your desk area looks very well organized. I like all of the storage compartments. That was a great, classic, sci-fi movie. I love that movie! Happy Second on the 2nd. (Looks like today you're getting snow just like me. But tomorrow's forecast: Ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why the picture is a vision board. :-D My desk isn't always tidy. Snow. Doesn't matter how much or how little. Just Ugh! Stay safe.

      Delete
  4. good morning, very fun post-I loved it.
    stay warm and safe during your winter events-I hope you don't get all that snow-hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, the first storm seems to have fizzled. Snow totals for my area down to a couple of inches. Fine by me. Hopefully, the Sun. night storm will be a bust, too.

      Delete
  5. Just a heads up CJ, I have something for you at my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good movie! And it's on TCM today! What a coincidence! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved THAT robot.....all I can hear is "BEWARE, BEWARE!" LOL, I watched all the "Lost in Space" and loved it when they made this movie. I'm such a Sifi nerd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet wasn't from Lost in Space. the Irwin Allen production from the 1960s had The Robot called Robot. Robby was taken out of mothballs and used in an episode as an evil robot in Lost and Space. Forbidden Planet came first and was made in 1956. Still, both robots pretty cool.

      Delete
  8. I hope Robby is enjoying his new home. I get a kick out of that movie when I re-watch it. It's a shame Robby is no longer available, but it looks like you can get a functional replica for just $32,000. A real bargain ;) https://www.hammacher.com/product/genuine-7-foot-robby-robot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Be right back am going to the link. While his description is awesome, for 32 grand, he should be able to cook and clean as well as running lines from the movie. =^,.^=

      Delete
    2. lol! Definitely! But if I had a spare $32,000 with nothing else to do with it, this might go on the list. After my world tour ;)

      Delete
    3. You buy it. I'll come over to play with it :-D

      Delete
  9. Robby is now an icon and piece of history. Too bad you didn't have him to do all those chores for you. Maybe you could train your husband though. :) Cute post CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D I read your comment to Himself. He said: Old dogs, new tricks.

      Delete
  10. I love your vision board! So cute! Excellent movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a shame you didn't get Robby! I just read you can get a functional replica for what seems a lot of money. You could pay a housekeeper with that sort of money.
    When I was still working I always complained that I needed a wife, not a husband. A very sexist thing to say, I know. I take it all back. But coming home to a clean and tidy house would be nice.... (Back to Robby!)
    In your dreams!
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete