Saturday, March 30, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939) Robert Donat, Greer Garson

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And it never seems to lose its charm even after many viewings

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen it but at least I have heard of it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there was a remake of this film that I remember. I think more modern like the 1960's or 1970's. Always a good film when there's a teacher involved. SMile. Happy Saturday. Enjoying these better temperatures? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it was turned into a musical in 1969 with Peter O'Toole and Petula Clark. I'm not a big fan of musicals.

      Delete
  4. Good one! :D (The remake is awful, IMHO!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I don't care for the remake. Even though I like Peter O'Toole

      Delete
  5. And the book it was based on was written by James Hilton, who wrote Lost Horizon. I love Donat, too. Paul Henreid was in Casablanca, Terry Kilburn played Tiny Tim in one of the old Christmas Carol movies, and John Mills was in _everything_ lol So many good actors in this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Lost Horizon and liked it and the film. I don't remember whether I read Goodbye, Mr. Chips. Donat was so good in that role.

      Delete
  6. I have to admit, I have never heard of this one before, but from reading some of the comments here, it sounds like it might be worth checking out. Thanks, C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen this one in a while, such a great movie choice 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have actually HEARD of this one. Nice G rated film, unlike mine this week, dear CJ.

    Sorry I'm late visiting. I had a real like incident I couldn't get out of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post. I haven't heard of this movie, got to go looking! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete