Sunday, May 31, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow?



"Do you like butter?", ask the buttercups.


Wild strawberries and tiny oak trees. Sadly the buttercups, strawberries, and tiny oak trees will be gone as soon as the lawn guy mows the lawn.


The orange spot in the middle of the picture is the Mama bird's beak. I think she's a cardinal. I can't get closer to the window to take a picture without scaring her and sending her flying out of the nest.


The daughter peace lily bloom looks like a swan


Petunias in the boxes on the rails



The snowball bushes have avalanched


Blurry photo of Alpine bells


Petunias and


morning glories


The garden flag that will take me from Memorial Day to July Fourth


The Japanese maple unfurled its leaves


We heard grumblings about growing your own food. Gardening is difficult for Himself and here in New England we have such a short growing season, so Himself got this Aerogarden unit called The Farm. It will grow 24 plants.


Another type of hydroponic unit. I like the little leaf caps that cover the empty holes. This model can use any kind of seed where you have to buy the Aerogarden seed pods


A tomato plant in this Aerogarden unit


๐ŸŽตOats, peas, beans, and barley grow,
Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow,
Do you or I or anyone know,
How oats, peas, beans, and barley grow?๐ŸŽถ


The Salad Bar: Tomatoes, green peppers, and lettuce


Cucumbers and other green thing


Morning glories


More morning glories. That's all for this week.

How does your garden grow?

17 comments:

  1. Good morning, looking good. Now I know a little vine under my tree is wild strawberries-I thought it might be but those leaves were so similiar to poison ivy but not the berries-next day all the berries had gotten eaten.
    I love petunias but wasn't able to shop for them this year Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at Home Depot to get some items, and I took a look in the garden shop. Not a lot of plant varieties or colors to choose from. My favorite color is not pink but that's all that was available and I was happy to get something for the yard.

      Delete
    2. Your garden is looking good, and the window boxes. Which reminds me that I must water my balcony plants. Love the morning glories, such a wonderful colour. Have a great day, Valerie

      Delete
    3. My rail boxes pale compared to the window boxes in your town.

      Delete
  2. Lookin' good! I remember when the Japanese maple was just a little thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is coming along - ...i love that door...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garden is looking good. It is great to see things greening up and blooming. and interesting indoor gardening set up. What plants are you growing? Happy June. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly, salad stuff. Himself also has some squash and a bean plant that’s growing like Jack’s Beanstalk

      Delete
  5. Love your beautiful garden, sweet seedlings & that flag! Thanks for those beautiful blooms, too! Here, we are growing tomatoes & beans & peppers:) Some herbs have returned - oregano, thyme, and a rosemary plant the size of a VW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOhh you have got an amazing garden CJ !! I loove the beautiful flowers and the plants growing, and love the little plants in the aerogarden/farms. I would like to try to plant tomatoes, well, let´s see, because I have to plant the seeds in a pot and place it at the kitchen window.
    I wish you a very nice new week, stay safe and big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing find. I've never heard of growing special seeds like that, but hydroponics have been around since I can remember.

    Your yard looks great and I LOVE that flag you put out. Lots of things growing in your garden and I'm sure you'll have a great crop of veggies soon, too. I must admit that your gardens all look so much better than mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooo impressed with your bird nest :) You have lovely flowers. Not much actually blooms on my patio, so it's a treat to see yours :) "Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow" brought back fond memories of when the kids were little.

    ReplyDelete