Monday, May 25, 2020

Greeting Cards

I needed to send a few greeting cards and with the stationery stores closed needed to make them myself with the help of the Brother Scan n Cut machine. Each month Brother adds to their Canvas Workspace (online cloud site) free ideas and cut files to use. It's also easy to mix and match items to create custom cards.


This was to be used as a Mother's Day card.  I needed a thank you card so instead of cutting out Happy Mother's Day for the frame, I just wrote out "thank you" instead.



I sent this birthday bouquet to Nan for her birthday, but instead of cutting out the birthday greeting, I wrote it out.


My grand-niece turned 2 years old. This card was perfect as is. A candle for each year and one to grow on.


My tablemate from the Reggie class had sent me a Valentine and I wanted to send her a thank you. I found this interesting wrap card with this lacy outer


and then the inner wrap cut from printed paper


L is fond of sheep and all her artwork has sheep or lambs on it. So I borrowed items from other cards to make this scene for the inner part of the card. The lamb shape was from a bookmark. I cut two. On the second one, I cut off the feet and turned it upside down for the cloud. An Easter card gave me the fence, wavy grass, and flowers. I wrote "thank ewe" in the lambie cloud.


I needed a birthday card for Himself. Scan n Cut comes with built-in text like this Happy Birthday. I didn't need to cut out a card front as I had blank cards that would fit the 


blue, inside pop up. I chose the balloon card to coordinate with a gift bag that had balloons on it. I used the built-in text to cut "love" and used the cut out heart to cover over the blue dot in birthday on the front.

17 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards, I especially love the sheep one, so sweet! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with how the sheep card turned out and that I was able to find cut files to use to create the scene.

      Delete
  2. I love your cards CJ so pretty and look professional-of course my favorite is the sheep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice CJ! I've never been over to the Scan and Cut cloud but I d have a Scan N Cut. I think I need to visit. These are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have lots of cool projects. I like the fact that you can borrow cut files to put items together to make your own projects

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards. Such a variety, and I'm inspired by how you re-purpose what you have in these new creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you can borrow different files to make your own creation

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, you've been busy. So many wonders to choose from. Apologies for being so late dropping by. I'm falling behind. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for apologies. I'm just happy you can drop by

      Delete
  6. Niiiice! I bet the recipients were very happy to get something handmade and heartfelt! Good job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful. This is why I don't make cards. Can you imagine how long it would take to fussy cut some of those items? Welcome to my world (grin). You made GREAT cards that you can be proud of. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF I had to fussy cut all the pieces parts, I wouldn't bother 😺

      Delete
  8. These are all beautiful cards :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete