Monday, March 6, 2023

Book of Marks - Next Spread Reveal



The spread with left flap


Close up of left flap: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo DaVinci


Under the flap, middle, and right hand pages.


Jacqueline showed a slide presentation  and one of the slides she had was a pie chart of the Creative Process: from the yellow slice clockwise: Inspiration, Work, Binge Eating, Creative Napping, Internet Surfing


Another interpretation of the Creative Process: 

1. This is awesome
2. This is tricky
3. This is 🤬
4. I am 🤬
5. This might be Ok
6. This is awesome.

Jacqueline was saying many people give up at number 4, and a true artist will push through until they reach number 6,


On the right hand page, another example of Ascemic writing. I did the Ascemic writing on Canson Vellum, it's like tracing paper only heavier. Having the printed quotes and writing on the vellum took the fear out of writing on the actual book pages.

16 comments:

  1. I think your idea of writing on vellum to take the fear out of writing on the paper was brilliant. It is scary because once you write on the page, you can't take it back. I often think about that when I work on a page. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the good thing about a book like this is you can always cover over mistakes with collage.

      Delete
  2. That pie slice is too funny! I love the idea of marking on the vellum. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks nicer than I thought it would. I thoughtt the writing would smear

      Delete
  3. That pie chart is spot on! 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great concept! I love it! While binge eating isn't part of my process I'm sure I could find some comparable coping mechanism. I agree 1000% on the stages, and I have many many projects that die at #4, but I'll be honest I'd have to change #6 in my world to "good enough to cash the check", as I honestly have never found a single thing I've ever done as "awesome".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is fabulous, and I love the pie chart! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You amaze me with your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the pie chart, you don't get a lot of work done. Binge eating gets loads more than work (grin). I like the Leonardo quote.

    Nice to add the vellum. What adhesive did you use to adhere it to the page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the amount of time spent working, it's the quality of the work done in a particular amount of time. 😉

      I used double stick tape to adhere the vellum. Then I covered over the top or bottom with Washi tape so you couldn't see the double stick tape through the vellum

      Delete