Thursday, March 30, 2023

Accordion Fold Book with Pockets - Cover and Days 1 and 2



Scrolling through some projects from last year in the Creative Hand Lettering & Doodling with Lindsay (Waltman-Ostrom) group on Facebook, I found an Concertina Book with Pockets with the theme of All About Me. The project took a month to complete making the book and filling the pockets with Artist Trading Card sized art (2.5 in x 3.5 in.) A prompt list was supplied. I used most of the prompts but substituted a couple.

The book was made from 12 in x 12 in. cardstock cut in half with a 2 inch fold for the pocket. A hard cover was made with chipboard recycled from cracker boxes. The book has a ribbon and Baker's twin enclosure. 


The title of the  book is Moi and features a picture of myself and Ink. He loved to sit on my shoulder. The picture was colored with colored pencils.

I found the perfect charm, too. The letter, C for my first initial with a little blue crown.


Day 1:Hoisting My Colors.
A small flag with colored stripes of Royal Blue, Black, and Red. These colors are my wardrobe palette.


Blue: The Favorite Color, Royal Blue is fitting for a Little Princess
Black: For Ink and slimming fashion sense
Red: The secret color and a little naughty


Day 2 Spirit Animal(s)
I have two. Ink and a Black Bear


The Black Bear ATC was done for an exchange in 2007, but was perfect for the book.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Great pic of you with Ink on your shoulder. My Kitty used to drape herself round my neck like a fur collar. Well done on your beauifil little book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great and what a fun idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun project. Done a little bit at a time

      Delete
  3. Nice little book CJ. I love the idea of having the pockets and adding bits and pieces to them. Stay warm with the wind today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitties and I will be spending the day resting and watching television

      Delete
  4. Oooo oooo, I love the ATC! What a fun idea for the little book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice way to display the ATCs. The book can hold 30 cards

      Delete
  5. Love the 'Bite me"! My sentiments exactly! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's one of the beauties of identifying with a black bear

      Delete
  6. Love your little book CJ! I like that it is a book of pockets for ATC cards... often i don't know what to do with them once i make them..lol Hope your feeling better after visiting the Dentist.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there. Feeling better today than yesterday

      Delete
  7. LOVE this book and love the concept, too. What a clever cover and wonderful photo of you and Ink. I look forward to seeing the rest of these. I bet we are in for as much of a treat in the future as we were today!

    Hope your dental work is less painful today, too, dear little princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exciting day today, but now late at night, I'm doing much better

      Delete
  8. This looks great. I love all of the images. (Teddy said that's his cousin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete