Sunday, March 5, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Calli enjoyed watching the snow 


and the birds


This latest storm dumped 4.5 inches in my area. Not as much as the predicted 8 inches.


Last week, the lantern was encased in ice. This week, it wears a snow chapeau


Poor Dedo


The gnomes seem happy


A friend sent the meme to me.


I brought Dedo in to warm up


Moose on ice


The Watcher.


Another wintry mix with a burst of snow. The plow guy texted to say he would come and plow. We didn't expect so much snow at the end of the driveway so Moose wasn't put in full snow position. M came cleaned off and moved Moose so he could plow. He had brought his son with him so Himself gave the kid some money to shovel the walk and stairs so I wouldn't have to or at least wouldn't have so much snow to move.


Frozen tears.


How does your garden grow?

14 comments:

  1. I saw that stabbed snowman online, and It is how I feel now too. You might have not gotten as much snow as me, but it sure looks like winter-like January winter not March. (Although we both know this isn't a wildly unusual weather event.) If only winter had been here in January instead of now it would have been better. I do mind hibernating in March. Enjoy today's sunshine and the week looks like it should be mostly snow free-hopefully all snow free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma used to say about Winter, we just have to get past St. Patrick's Day 🍀

      Delete
  2. That's what my mother used to say too! She was an upstate NY native and was used to snow above her head! 🥶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the mid1960s, one of my uncles lived in Buffalo. He sent us a picture of neighborhood kids waiting for a school bus in the snow. Big deal we said. He said, the kids were standing on top of a telephone booth 😱

      Delete
  3. Wow. We're expecting a high today in the 70s. I planted seeds outside yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high might reach 40 today. Seeds/seedlings won't go into the ground until mid-May as there is still a chance of frost. Prissy wouldn't plant tomatoes until Memorial Day

      Delete
  4. LOL at the winter voodoo snowman. We got lucky, the last two big storms rolled north. I won't tell you our unseasonable temps just in case I end up with one of those sharp objects in my effigy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're actually having warmish temps for this time of year, too. You don't have to worry about the voodoo snowman 😺

      Delete
  5. Yes DIE already WINTER! lol

    Why are cats so fascinated by the snow? - I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it looks like something that would be fun to play with or eat! 😺

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness! Too much snow!
    I do like that first photograph of Calli watching the snow.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got rain and wind and you got snow. Personally, I would rather have snow because it melts slower and there's less runoff. Of course, it also means I have to shovel, but my walkway is a lot shorter than yours. When I got home, I saw my tulips were starting to break through the dirt.

    My cats don't sit in windows, so I don't have a watcher like you have!! Cali is SO cute.

    ReplyDelete