Thursday, March 9, 2023

Books of Marks - Centerfold Reveal



The centerfold page has a flap or short page on the right.


Left page with Ascemic writing


The right flap page. "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein


The centerfold with the flap open


The middle page. "The best way to know life is to love many things." - Vincent van Gogh


Oops. It's a good thing this book isn't comprised of text on consecutive pages as I forgot to add collage to the flap. So now the decision. Does every surface have to have collage on it? Or can the background of the page be enjoyed as the main event? Decisions, decisions.

14 comments:

  1. That's a tough decision. But I will say I like it just how you have it. I like all the smudges and swirls and the little pops of color too. Enjoy the sun. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors you've chosen. Very simple and calming. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an alternate color pattern I learned from Valerie Weillmuenster's illumination classes

      Delete
  3. How pretty! I also love the colors and the quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's good to leave some spaces. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. Looks like a lot of work went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how this is shaping up, even though it is confusing when you write about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. If there is something you're not clear about, just ask.

      Delete
  7. I like backgrounds. They often look like the main event to me ;) but it'd be easy enough to add some elements to it, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete