Sunday, December 24, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 I didn't have the energy this week to run around outside taking pictures of the garden. So a nostalgic post from this date last year 2022


One of the best things about the Christmas season in Boston if you were a kid growing up in the late 1950s and 1960s, was a trip into Boston to the Jordan Marsh Department store. If you were very good, your parents would take you to see the Enchanted Village. This was a series of animated doll displays. You'd wend your way through the displays and then you could sit on Santa's lap and tell him your Christmas wish list.


Before going home, your parents would stop and buy a box of Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins, the biggest, best, fluffy, blueberry muffins in the Universe. Recipe here.

16 comments:

  1. Nothing like a trip down memory lane at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♫♪♫♪♫♪ ....memorties, memories.....♫♪♫♪♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo, I love your nostalgic post ❤️. Wishing you a happy Christmas eve and best wishes for the holiday season! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I get the more time I spend in memory Lane! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had drizzly rain all day yesterday with rain predicted for Christmas day. High today is predicted to be 66. I'll be cooking some things today.

    We had a local department store that had what sounds to have been a similar attraction. A wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonite is the feast of the 7 fishes though scaled down to two. Mainly, because I hate the traditional fishes like baccala and eel. So I made scallops wrapped in bacon for an appetizer and now I’m making shrimp scampi. Our high was 45 oF but it was misty and grey. Merry Christmas Eve - CJ

      Delete
  6. ... it can be nice to visit memory lane :)

    Happy Christmas Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE never went into see the Enchanted Village from Worcester. Instead we went to Denholms which was a big department store on Main St. You probably have seen the building. That is a fantastic photo of you. I love how you're looking ay Santa. I hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful Christmas CJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I know the building. Prissy used to talk about shopping at Denholms.

      Delete
  8. That sounds so lovely CJ. I've done wore myself out.. I haven't prepared for Christmas like this in a long long time... The cookies for Santa have had a bite or two taken out of them as well as the carrots for Rudolph and the stockings have been filled.. Hope you have a beautiful Christmas CJ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up, put my feet on the floor, I'm breathing so it's a fantastic start to the day

      Delete