Monday, December 4, 2023

Lost Part de Deux

 

When we last left our intrepid heroine she had returned home from a shopping expedition where she had lost her wristwatch. She did a quick retrace of her steps, but the watch was nowhere to be found in the house. It was lost. Somewhere between the parking lots, Target, and Kohls.

With a deep sigh and a forlorn look, she removed her jacket and went to the front closet to hang it up

In the closet is a 3 drawer plastic unit. The top drawer where gloves are store was open. As she removed a hanger, something shiny in the drawer caught her attention.


It was her watch! Once lost and now found! Oh, joy! Oh, rapture! She thought the clasp must have been loose, but the bracelet had broken. 

So much for her theory of being able to hear the substantial watch make a thud. Looks like her next errand will be to make an appointment with the audiologist.

14 comments:

  1. Hurrah you found the watch. That is good news. I must share my fitbit disappearance sometime, and how I got a new one for my birthday and then the old one reappeared. I'm sure it made a clunk, but if you weren't paying attention you definitely could have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky can you be????? Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah! What was lost has been found. Party time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you found the watch.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a) the laugh and b) the yay you did not lose the watch!
    Last week Monday; Lost my hair tie. Admin T really looked in his pockets for one (he has long curly hair) - later mine dropped out of my jeans. Yes. Well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you found it unexpectedly. I just had my own experience like this - a (very soft) scarf my mother gave me went missing and I was convinced I had lost it. It showed up 2 weeks later much to my surprise and delight! Embarrassingly it was under a pillow on the couch - so much for me thinking I 'turned the house upside down' looking for it :)

    ReplyDelete