Friday, December 29, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things



Five good things that happened this week.

1. We had a Skype visit with the Young One and her beau

2. We celebrated The Feast of the Seven Fishes minus Five (mostly because I hate the traditional fare of baccala and eel)  I made scallops wrapped in bacon for an appetizer and Shrimp Scampi for the main event

3. Amazon delivered Himself's Christmas gift on Christmas Eve!

4. I called the salon to find out if the hairdresser I liked was working. She wasn't in but would be working a split shift on Wednesday

5. In the morning I was all set to go get my haircut. When I went to check in on the app, the wait time was nearly 2 hours! The hairdresser was working a split shift and would be back early evening. No wait time then.

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. Other than my haircut, it's been a good week for me. And wet. Your week sounds good except for that migraine you mentioned. I bet you missed our daughter at Christmas though. Do you think she was sad being away from home this year for the holiday? Stay dry again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she missed us, but being sad? No, she's too busy making moony eyes at her Beau

      Delete
  2. We had baby bunnies on the side of the house, so that was kinda cute. Other than that, same ole same ole! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on professional hairdressers and bought clippers and scissors. They said we might see a snowflake or two today, but that's been taken out of the forecast. Drizzly rain for us instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays. Every day's a healing day here:)
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays are a good time to rest and take it easy.

      Delete
  5. I do like that bowl of fish :)

    Nice to have a Skype visit with the Young One and her beau.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete