Thursday, March 28, 2024

Happy Mail

I stopped at the post office to mail a package to the Young One. While I was there, I thought I would check to see if there was anything in the post office box. I signed up for Informed Delivery where the post office gives you a heads up to what will be hitting your mailbox. Nothing showed up for the post office box so I was surprised to find



all the way from the Land Down Under, a postcard shaped like a stubby ('Strine or Aussie slang for a small bottle of beer) sent by Iris from Braunschweig, Germany.


The stamp looks like boats, but it's sideways. The picture is the iconic pregnant oyster better known as the Sydney Opera House.

Danke sehr, Iris for thinking of me while you were on your vacation. I'm so glad you're doing better after your spider adventure and relieved you didn't encounter a Huntsman.

6 comments: