Tuesday, March 19, 2024

T Stands for More Orchids and Flowers

The Eldest and I went to visit the Patterns In Bloom an Orchid Exhibition at the New England Botanic Garden at Tower Hill. The exhibit combined the fun and colorful sculpture blooms of Molly Gambardella with the Garden's annual orchid display in the Limonaia and the Orangerie. The exhibit was on display until March 17, 2024.

Besides beautiful orchids, there was also lots of tropical plants and flowers.




A water feature with a Greenman or Greenwoman




A beautiful Hibiscus




Climbing Roses


Polka Dot Begonia



I didn't know Lady Slippers were in the orchid family.


After wandering among the flowers we stopped for lunch at the Farmer and Fork Cafe next to the gift shop. The Eldest had a chicken roulade salad with iced tea


I had the chicken salad sandwich, a pickle spear, chips and a Polar seltzer water. Polar Seltzer is made in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

20 comments:

  1. Orchids are spectacular flowers. I’m always amazed at the range of colors that show up in orchid shows, as commercial ones sold in ordinary flower displays are usually limited to shades of purple (orchid) or white. Nice photos.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eldest gave me a gorgeous, bright blue orchid. We were disappointed to find out the color came from dye and once the blossoms passed, the orchid would be white the next time it bloomed.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Such wonderful blooms there. Your lunch looks good and I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing, especially today, first day of spring
    and it’s a balmy 29 πŸ€¬πŸ˜ΌπŸ™€

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! And I really love the Greenman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tempted to bring him to the Zensical garden

      Delete
  5. Wonderful orcids, but I have no luck with them at home! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eldest gave me one. It's putting out new leaves, but no stem for the blooms. I suppose new leaves is a good sign it's not dead yet

      Delete
  6. Oh, I would have happily tagged along on your outing. I love botanical gardens. Glad you had quality time with the Eldest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just such nice places to visit especially for those of us who have black thumbs

      Delete
  7. What a lovely outing! The orchids are gorgeous. I had never seen a yellow orchid. Very unusual. Let's hope that is not a dye.
    Your food looks delish. Especially the chicken roulade.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m a day late, but what a very happy post to start a new day!!! Today (March 20th) is the begin of Spring in Germany.
    So... thank you for the smiles - and ohhhh, does the food look yummiest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those orchids are gorgeous CJ. I’d heard that lady slippers were orchids but forgotten. And your lunch looks yummy. Hope it doesn’t stay too cold. It’s o Lu I. The 40s here in Greece this morning but it keeps
    The tourist numbers down. πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes turned green. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful blooms, and your lunch looks tasty too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete