Tuesday, July 23, 2024

T Stands for Mary Ann's Diner


After wandering all afternoon at America's Stonehenge, we decided to stop for a late lunch/dinner before heading home. Still in Salem, New Hampshire, Teague found Mary Ann's diner.


a fun 1950s style diner


with great tunes playing over a loudspeaker


Ice cream was going to be the order of the day. Teague had a chocolate frappe (rhymes with rap). It's what other places call a 'shake or milkshake. Except here in New England, a shake is just milk and flavoring. A frappe has milk, flavoring, and ice cream. This one was served in a cute mason jar mug with a dollop of whipped cream.


I had a boring unsweetened iced tea with lemon


a BLT (bacon, lettuce, and tomato) with sweet potato fries (chips)


and, a hot fudge sundae. I told you ice cream was going to be involved.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

28 comments:

  1. That sundae looks most indulgent ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diners like that really amuse me. Your photos have a great retro vibe, especially those metal and formica chairs. Great post! The words “frappe” and “shake” should be on the list of regional differences that mark one’s speech.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frappe is one of those words that only us old folks use. Like Tonic, the word for soda, is no longer used.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your meal is spectacularly yummy! I might have to mix and match though - you have all my favourites today, so I'm having a chocolate frappe, a BLT sandwich and sweet potato fries - delicious 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only 10:30AM and I want this for breakfast! 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was a fun place, totally retro….wonder what the “ future generations “ will think of the restaurants out here in 2024 🙀😺‼️💙🐟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like the "future generations" DoorDash 🤣

      Delete
  6. Everything looks so delicious.
    I can see sweet potato fries in my near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I NEEd ice cream, I really do. Would it be bad t have an ice now, it's nearly time for bed! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, if the weather is warm, ice cream never hurts no matter what time.

      Delete
  8. I love mid-century modern and this diner did it for me. If the prices are the same as they were online, it was amazingly inexpensive to eat there. Even cheaper than Wichita prices. You may have had a boring iced tea, but I enjoyed reading about the frappe. Thanks for sharing your BLT, sweet potato fries, ice cream sundae, and drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better than the prices, the food was really good, too

      Delete
  9. The diner looks like fun, the ice cream yummy. I had to go back and check out the Stonehenge info. I wasn't aware of it. Looks like an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of America's Stonehenge, either. It was a fun touristy place to stop

      Delete
  10. That sundae looks amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really warm outside so the ice cream was especially delicious

      Delete
  11. The retro diners are fun. I had no idea a milkshake wasn't the same thing all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learn something new every day. And if you ever find yourself in Rhode Island, they call a 'shake a cabinet. I have no idea why

      Delete
  12. That looks like a fun diner. And any meal that includes ice cream is my kind of meal. :) Sundaes or frappes work. Hope it was a great T day. Did you get rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a little bit of rain. It wasn't as much of a washout as first predicted.

      Delete
  13. Hmmmm, looks like a fun-yum place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think i would have been shake all the way! But i never turn down icecream so i would have enjoyed yours too... Happy Belated T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete