Saturday, July 6, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Hummingbird leaving the hummingbird feeder


Hummingbird leaving to check out the other zinnia. When he caught sight of me trying to take his picture, he zoomed off to the woods.


Sweet baby coming for a visit


He looked a little lost and started walking towards the front yard and street


No, Baby, not that way


Where's your mama? And then he walked back into the woods. I hope he found his mama or an auntie that can take care of him.


Sunflower


Alyssum and Gerbera daisies?


Morning glory will be able to attach to the sunflower for support


Rotrow, hot peppers?


More morning glories. I don't know what the red leaf is


Lettuce


Reggie's morning glory


the only bloom on the vine


Lots of squash. Zucchini?


Pumpkins (though I think they need more room to spread)


Sedum


The corn is knee high


Mama turkeys brought their babies (12 between them) to have breakfast at the birdfeeder. I throw seed on the ground for the ground feeders.

How does your garden grow?

20 comments:

  1. You had a wild week in your yard. That fawn is so adorable. I bet Mama was right in the woods. Nice photos CJ. Your garden is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had lots of visitors 'including Waddles (skunk) and a possum which got the kitties very excited at night.

      Delete
  2. "Knee high by the fourth of July!" My mouth is already watering for you! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time he planted corn we got 4 tiny ears 🤣

      Delete
  3. Our honeysuckle is fading, so I guess I should put out syrup for the hummingbirds.

    Ooo, fresh corn coming! I'm excited about your turkeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen so many poults at one time. I counted 12!

      Delete
  4. We have deer (mainly doe) everywhere around our neighborhood, too. Last week, as I pulled up into our driveway coming home from work at 11pm, I saw two standing in back of our house eating grass. Of course, they never come out when I can take a picture of them - they only venture into our yard at nighttime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen deer once coming out of the woods very early in the morning and it was quite foggy. I know they are around because in Winter I see their hoofprints. So to see the baby was very exciting. It was Calli that told me we had a visitor. She was very exciting to the baby. (Hunting excited as opposed to play excited 😺)

      Delete
  5. If you feed the turkeys, do they leave alone the things you want to grow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, the turkeys don't eat any of the things in the garden. If they don't stop to look for seed at the birdfeeders, they walk around the yard eating grubs and bugs in the grass.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you've had so many lovely visitors to your garden! The little Bambi is super cute and I'm always amazed to see hummingbirds 😊. Take care and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fawn was just so precious and I'm surprised (thrilled, too) that I actually got a pic of the hummingbird. He was so fast!

      Delete
  7. Hope the baby is well. Here it´s but peanut and flying rats... It´s still too cold for "summer"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have some visitors. I'll try to send Summer to you. The beginning of the week, here, is shaping up to be hot and humid

      Delete
  8. Your gardens look good! Adorable baby fawn. And baby turkeys! - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first time I've ever seen a fawn in the yard. Calli and I were both excited.

      Delete
  9. You have a lot more growing in your yard than I have in mine. I decided not to plant squash this year since they die before any actual squash appear. Those peppers look HOT!

    ReplyDelete