Monday, September 16, 2024

Monet and Me



decided to give the kitchen a much needed facelift. Monet poses at the kitchen sink showing off the valance from the curtain set that had been in the Young One's bedroom. The valance also had a set of swags, but I didn't like the way they looked in the kitchen window.


The real makeover was changing out the old cabinet and drawer pulls. I found these funky, mismatched, ceramic pulls on Amazon. They didn't have any sort of drawer pull to go with them but the knobs work just as easily for a drawer pull.

12 comments:

  1. I like the drawer pulls. I need to do something 'creative' in our kitchen. Just scrubbing it would be a good start!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I began and then one thing led to another๐Ÿ˜บ

      Delete
  2. Those are fun new knobs for your draws. I should update mine as they are just black. :) Have a super day and enjoy this gorgeous weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, love the knobs! I've been clearing my art table, I can see the wood again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good feeling to see everything neat and tidy. And then you get to make a mess all over again!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE ceramic pulls like this! When we were in India over 10 years ago, there were loads of them for VERY little money, but I was too stupid to buy any. (Oh no, of course I was too rational to buy something that I would then have to lug around without actually NEEDING it ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰)
    You told me "The closest Bubba Gump Restaurant to me is in New York." - We went there too - yo will see it ๐Ÿ˜Š...
    All the best and happy T-Day, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/calle-libre-festival-2024-und.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New York City is 170 miles (273.5K) from me. I won't be there any time soon.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are fun. A real 180 for me where I always had traditional, matching themes. The kitchen was fruit. The old knobs and pulls were apples, pears, peaches.

      Delete