Sunday, September 1, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



The turkeys came to


strut their stuff.


The first human case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis was diagnosed in Worcester county. As a result the risk level in my town and area towns has been raised to critical so the state decided that they would spray for mosquitos. The only problem was the state gave short notice when the spraying was to begin. 

So Himself and the Eldest spent their time covering the herbs,


the tomatoes


squash


watermelon


the bee was happy the sedum wasn't covered


The Great Pumpkin was covered


Nasturtiums


Ears of corn in plastic bags will probably turn into popcorn


Geraniums ready to bud


Leggy petunias

How does your garden grow?

18 comments:

  1. It's a rare disease but it's wise to take precautions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers look good, sorry that you have extra bad moskitos. My flowers al died off when I was in hospital, I must get some autumn plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Triple E is scary stuff. I was trying to figure out what I would do with my bees if they sprayed because all insects have the same physiology so the spray could harm my hive. And the turkeys are hanging around my yard too still. Looks like a grey day here so it's a good thing you're home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My town is a farming town. So lots of people not happy about the spraying. There wasn't good communication with a time table so people didn't know when to move livestock, protect water supplies. Lots of beekeepers upset, I don't know what they did. I loved being away, but it's good to be home.

      Delete
  4. I love your garden. We only had cantaloupes this year.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cantaloupe. I don't know if we can grow them here.

      Delete
  5. Here... nothing. Sad... But the summer was too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turkeys, yayeee!

    We get regular spraying for mosquitoes during the summer, and they announce ahead of time which zip codes will be sprayed when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The state wasn't very good with communication. Lots of people in town upset over crops and livestock

      Delete
  7. It is always best to take precautions ...
    Have a good September.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mosquitos have been brutal here. I apply Off before I go out to water, but I still get bitten. Glad you were able to cover your herbs and such. Your garden is probably healthier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see if the plastic cooked the plants after 3 days under

      Delete