Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Little Cabin on the Hill



Our destination for the week was Weirs Beach or as the locals call it, The Weirs, an area of Laconia, New Hampshire


along Lake Winnipesauke


We had a little cabin with a screened porch at the Half Moon Motel and Cottages. It's a charming spot and within walking distance of town, the boardwalk, and the beach. There was a neighborhood vibe and sitting on the porch, we would chat with our neighbors or people walking by.

There was an elderly couple staying in the cottage to the right. Elderly, I laugh because they were probably only 4 or 5 years older than us. The woman told us she had been coming here since she had been a young girl and she kept up the tradition with her children, now grown. Her husband was cute and when we would go out for dinner he would say, "Don't come back too late, girls." 


After we had settled in, I was relaxing on the porch when the sky began to darken. I told her Teague hoped we would get to see a thunderstorm over the lake. There are times I am able to manifest things just by thinking of them.

Teague had gone to take a dip in the pool, and I told her if thunder roars to come indoors. 


She got a bit of a swim in and then thunder. 


and I got my wish. There was a magnificent bolt of lightning over the lake, but I wasn't able to catch it on camera.


After the rain, we were on our way through town to go to dinner, and I was able to capture this beautiful rainbow.



19 comments:

  1. Looks like a cute little town! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a good time when you're not doing the same old, same old

      Delete
  2. It's nice to sit and chat to strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cabin, girls!
    Pool and thunderstorm and lightning sounds great! And a rainbow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful place! Thunder on the water and a rainbow to cap it off... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching the storm Nature’s television at its best. - CJ

      Delete
  5. nice capture on the rainbow, they appear then disappear fast around here ‼️😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow followed us all the way to dinner - CJ

      Delete
  6. That was quite the storm, and that's great you had a rainbow. And I had to smile when you talked about the elderly couple next door. I do the same thing, and then I remember that these folks aren't all that much older than me. Or else I look in the mirror and see how old I am looking-grin. Hope you enjoyed this gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect day to hang out in the sunroom

      Delete
  7. thecontemplativecat here How beautiful. Your photos capture that feeling of being in such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary that Teague was in the pool when the storm began. Lovely rainbow. Lightening scares me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got right out when she first heard the thunder

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely rainbow.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like y'all found a great spot. I love hotels that are within walking distance of the attractions I'm interested in. Great photo of the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teague is the tour director and always tries to find places where we can walk to attractions -CJ

      Delete