Thursday, October 24, 2024

Godzilla's Bird in the Hand



A week or so ago, my friend Andy Fish asked for my snail mail address. I thought he was sending out a promotional postcard announcing an upcoming art show he and his wife, Veronica were participating in.

Last Thursday, I was surprised when I went through the mail and found this large, flat mailer addressed to me from Andy. 


Inside the nicest note I've ever received and a tiny, twee cardinal charm. Andy said when he and Veronica saw the cardinal they thought of me.

Cardinals always make me think of my parents. They loved watching these birds at their bird feeder. After my parents passed away, I started seeing cardinals especially when I was feeling down. It never failed when I was down in the dumps, I'd see a cardinal which I took to be a message from the folks. 

Last Thursday, I was feeling very sorry for myself. Himself had gallantly shared his sinus cold with me, and I was put out that I would have to postpone the runaway weekend trip with Teague to the Berkshires. There was no time to reschedule the trip, and there was something I really wanted to do.

Inside that padded envelope, the teeny, cardinal charm. My folks again, thanks to Andy.

The charm also came with a little card:

The
Christmas Cardinal
Charm

This little cardinal brings
good luck to you.
It symbolizes the power of faith
in all that you do.

Its brilliant red color symbolizes
joy and Christmas cheer,
bringing beauty and warmth
to last throughout the year
Wishing you all the joys
of the season!

This little charm
may be carried in a pocket,
held, or placed on a shelf.

Godzilla holds my favorite pen Man pen, and so the little bird won't get lost among the tools and desk toys, Godzilla lends a hand (along with a bit of museum putty) to guard the little cardinal.

16 comments:

  1. This is an adorable, very loving and thoughtful gift - I'm happy for you! The little cardinal looks so cute.
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/10/weltreise-2024-sw-usa-salt-lake-city.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind and generous thought. I'm sure it made your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the juxtaposition of Godzilla holding a tiny cardinal! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bird fits perfectly in Godzilla's hand. Like it was made for it. I also love Godzilla's smile

      Delete
  4. Aawww so nice CJ. What a wonderful gift... I loved seeing the Cardinals at my birdfeeder in Arkansas... From my big bay window i saw many Cardinal behaviors that i had read about...Hot and dry here.... wouldn't know it was Fall unless you looked at my front porch decorated for Halloween....uuughh... mornings are beautiful though if you get up early enough to enjoy them... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be 75 o on Halloween! Unheard of here. Usually, it's cold, rainy, sometimes snow and kids have to wear a winter coat over their costumes!

      Delete
  5. In case blogger ate me up (again)... this morning I said: Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this was such a lovely and thoughtful gift for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a great uplifting story. I bet your parents were looking out for you from afar. I hope you're feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just so thoughtful!! Very, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete