Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Hershey Kiss Acorn Treat

 

I was asked for instructions on how to make the Hershey Kiss Acorn Treat.

Ingredients:

1 box Mini Vanilla Wafers
1 bag of Hershey Kisses
1 bag of Butterscotch baking chips
1 tub of chocolate frosting (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, etc)

Decide on how many you want to make. I did 3 dozen for my meeting.

Count out the number of cookies you want, in my case 36. I put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper

Unwrap the same number of Hershey Kisses. Discard the wrappings.

Pour some of the butterscotch chips into a small bowl.

Open the tub of frosting and give it a little stir with a knife. 

Grab a Hershey Kiss and put a dot of frosting on the flat bottom. 

Take a vanilla wafer and press the flat side of the cookie to the flat side of the Hershey Kiss.

Take a butterscotch chip and add a dab of frosting the the flat side of the chip. 

Press the butterscotch chip to the middle of the rounded side of the vanilla wafer.

Ta-da! It should look like the acorns that are at Monet's feet in the picture above.

Place on the baking sheet to dry or eat.

Repeat until you have the number of acorns you wanted to make.

I also saw a variation that used a mini peanut butter sandwich cookie for the acorn hat or top and a peanut butter chip. I'm not a fan of peanut butter so not my choice.

2 comments: