Friday, October 18, 2024

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. I went with Himself to the dojo and saw our friend, Beef, before he began his Master in the Morning class. It was nice to catch up

2. I heard from a Florida friend that she and her family were safe after the hurricanes.

3. I found a Sherpa-lined, zip up, hoodie in my shade of blue with pockets that have zippers. 

4. I skyped with The Young One and floated plans of me going to Ohio around Veterans Day or them coming here for Thanksgiving or Christmas

5. A package arrived that cheered me up

How was your week?

12 comments:

  1. I like watching the marching bands. They are great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed, but the best thing is zippered pockets. I hate carrying a purse. Now I can put things in the pockets and they won't fall out

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to go out to Ohio to visit in another few weeks. I bet you can't wait to see your daughter. I saw mine on Monday, We met in Nashua, had lunch and went shopping. I got a dusty rose pullover light weight jacket for 60% off. It's the perfect jacket for right now. Seems we both had something similar about our weeks. Hope you're enjoying this weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s good to hear positive news from your friends. My week was very nice with to out and abouts. Thanks for your kind visits to my blog.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s always nice to get out and about - CJ

      Delete
  5. Your new hoodie sounds good.
    My week went well, although I was caught out in the rain on Wednesday and got soaked!!! Once I'd dried out and enjoyed a warming cuppa I felt a lot better :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cuppa just makes everything better - CJ

      Delete
  6. Where does the name "Beef" come from?
    Heating off, cold week. Help on Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he was a teen, he had a job as a caddy at a golf course. He was a pretty big, kid. Built like an ox, beefy. So the golfers started calling him Beef and the nickname stuck - CJ

      Delete