Tuesday, October 17, 2017

T Stands For The Eldest and Me

On her day off, the Eldest invited me out to lunch. She said I could pick where I wanted. Since I had to pick up some Bristol paper at Michael's, I opted for  Panera on the other side of the mall from Michael's. We wandered around Michael's after I got the paper. I was too busy enjoying being out with my daughter, I forgot to take pictures. Besides the paper, there was also an impulse buy of a bargain bin black cat cookie cutter and a bit of ribbon for a project. So much for frugal and only buying things I really needed.



Our destination for the afternoon. Panera Bread for lunch, and browsing through The Paper Store and Barnes and Noble.


I got two compliments at Panera on my crazy cat lady tee shirt.



The Eldest chose the Pick Two: a cup of Autumn squash soup, Chipotle chicken avocado melt, an apple, and a prickly pear hibiscus fresca beverage. I had a roasted turkey cranberry flatbread, bag of chips (crisps) and a glass of unsweetened ice tea with lemon. We also had a lovely chat about this, that, and the other thing. After Panera we stopped in The Paper Store, a stationery and gift shop.


We tested a sample of Inis perfume, a favorite of the Eldest. Imported from Ireland and smells like the beach.


We had unseasonably warm weather the last week of September.  Sad to see flannels and woolens out. 😾


These earbuds made me laugh. Young people can listen to their sh, er crap, er poopy music.


Christmas things were already out like this beautiful Lenox plate. Lenox will have good deals on items from their site as it gets closer to Christmas.


Ma and Prissy both had the little Christmas tree on the right. I was charmed by the cuckoo clock. Made me think of the cuckoo clocks I saw on a trip to Germany when I was in high school. 


Another pretty cardinal ornament. Will check to see if this goes on sale.


We had a good laugh at the flamingoes. When the Eldest was in high school, the teachers all had some sort of stuffed animal or figurine they used as a hall pass. The history teacher was fond of flamingoes. Her room was decorated with them, and she had a small stuffed flamingo named Frank.  Frank was kidnapped, went missing for a time, and was returned with a pink tutu and a new name, Francine.


If only it was a black cat. 

After browsing the Paper store we went to Barnes and Noble.


The girlies both love the work of Hayao Miyazaki. In the glass case figurines from My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Serice. My favorite, the black cat Jiji. Of course.


The Eldest found a chibi  (Japanese for short or child-like) version of The X-Files. Chibi Mulder and Scully are so cute.  As she said, geek parents have to start their kids off right.


If only the colors were reversed.


Yup, that's me.


The Cross pen, a fine writing instrument has come a long way from the chrome pen and mechanical pencil set I received as a college graduation gift.


I was browsing the toy department. Getting ideas because sometime in April, I'll be a grand aunt. As a parent, I wouldn't want my little one to play with a stuffed poop. Call me old-fashioned.


Ah, Spirograph, that's more like it. I still have my set.

Browsing done, we returned home to lounge in the sunroom and watch the celebrity version of Worst Cooks in AmericaAll in all a very nice day out.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

29 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic day out with your daughter. I think you were frugal because I probably would have bought a bunch of books at Barnes and Nobles. :) But when I saw your first photo with that weeping angel I had major cringes. Those are the freakiest Dr Who aliens and I still have nightmares about them. :) Writers that season were on their top game for sure. Happy T day CJ. Hugs-Erik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Weeping Angels are my favorite Doctor Who monsters. The Weeping Angel does double duty during the year. At Christmas, it hangs on the Christmas tree. The rest of the year, it functions as a ring holder when I'm cooking in the kitchen. Always a thrill to go get my rings. Don't b;ink! :-D

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic day out for you two. I loved all the cat photos. What fun.

    If the cardinal was a Hallmark ornament, they will go on sale the day after Christmas, at least they do in every Hallmark store I've ever been in. It's a beauty, but I was really shocked at the price. Goes to show when the last time I looked for ornaments was.

    I got a Cross pen and pencil set when I left my company I'd worked for to move to Wichita (to enter their Ph.D. program). Mine was much plainer, too. I've never used either.

    I also have a Spirograph. I'm going to have to find it now that you mention it. Got mine at a garage sale and one of the pieces is missing.

    Looks like you had a wonderful lunch. It looks yummy and we know it's fresh because of their ads.

    Thanks for sharing your day out with us, as well as your ice tea and fresca for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep checking for the Hallmark ornament to go on sale. Hallmark ornaments have gotten pretty expensive over the years. My Spirograph is missing the smallest gear.

      Delete
  3. You saw lots of great things on your day out, but I would pass on the stuffed poop, too, and I'm glad my hearing aids don't look like those ear-buds! LOVE your catty T-shirt! The food looks great! Thanks for your mail yesterday, can't answer mails just now as my mail-programme is having funny fits! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a very very fun day out and about with your eldest! Loved all the photos too. and I would definately picked up that cool cat cookie cutter-I have a large collection already but would need that one for sure lol
    the food sounds delish! thanks for sharing your day with us Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the food at Panera and being treated to lunch was a plus

      Delete
  5. What a great day! Aren't you lucky to have the girlies close so you can enjoy their company! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's so nice to be included in their activities

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a perfect day to me! Love all the cool stuff, too ... especially your cat lady t-shirt!! (btw, I also still have my spirograph set - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that just the best toy? That and Etch-A-Sketch

      Delete
  7. what a super fun day!! I just had lunch with friends last week at Panera and had what your daughter had-SO good!! Gotta love browsing thru Michaels and the other shops you went to. I know I'd LOVE the Irish store with all those plaids, and Inis is my favorite perfume import for the Emerald Isle. Thanks for sharing your outing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! I love the paperstore, so many good ideas? And is there anyone who can resist the dollatr bin at Michaels? Topping it off with Barnes and Noble..fun day with your girlie, browsing, sharing lunch and talking...sounds ideal to me. Happy tday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to resist the bargain bin at Michael's or any other place

      Delete
  9. It looks like you had the most wonderful day! I love Penera Bread and always go there when we visit 😁. Your lunch looks delicious and the drink sounds heavenly - yum! It was fun looking around the shops with you and I don't know how you restrained yourself by only buying two items from Michael's ...lol 😉. Great purchases and I adore the flamingos and your teacher story made me smile! Thanks so much for sharing the Lenox plate too, I've just been spending time checking out their website (when I should have been blogging ...oops 😉) and have seen a couple of items I could get for our friends who live in America for Christmas - perfect! Great kitty cat T-Shirt too! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign up for the Lenox list. They usually have really great sales just before Christmas.

      Delete
  10. CJ, you have way more restraint than I could ever marshall in a Michael's store. I spend an hour minimun filling up my list and picking up other things that stike my fancy. But then, I only do it once a year at most ;-)

    Sounds like a lovely day with the Eldest. The ear buds were too much - lol! But I guess I'm old fashioned too about the poopy plushy.

    Flannels and Christmas things ... winter can't be too far behind. I remember when it used to be the other way around. Yup, call me old fashioned.

    Funny story about the kidnapped flamingo. You could paint a white cat black with acrylic paint + fabric medium.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have spent more time in Michael's, but we were both hungry and anxious to get to lunch.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful day. I'm so glad you had such a memorable outing. I love squash soup. Especially Panera's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a full and enjoyable day out with your daughter. They are special times and good to remember in the coming days and years.
    All the photos you shared were fantastic
    Happy T day wishes
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like you had much fun with your daughter! Fantastic photos! Happy T-Day!
    Sorry for being so late - bit busy these days!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Never late. Just prolonging the celebration :-D

      Delete
  14. Aah! Seeing that angel from Doctor Who reminded me of how upset my GS used to get when they came on! Thank for letting us gatecrash this lovely shopping trip - I occasionally wish I had had a daughter! Still, GD is growing up and we have promised ourselves a shopping trip soon! Your meals both look yummy! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping trips with the GS and GD will be something to look forward to when they get older.

      Delete
  15. What a great day out with your daughter! I would have been buying tones of stuff! LOL! Love your crazy cat t-shirt! Your lunch sounded delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete