Tuesday, January 8, 2019

T Stands for Visit to Santa's Christmas Land and Brunch

Warning: Picture heavy


The Sunday before Christmas, The Eldest took us to Santa's Christmas Land at Kraynak's Lawn and Garden Center. She said co-workers told her about it. Kraynak's does a large Easter display and a Christmas display. The Christmas display went up in September. Merry Thanksgivoween.


People come from all over to see the decorations. The line wound around the parking lot. The line moved quickly past blow ups of


Rudolph


a fire dog


and my favorite, The Grinch


This elf marked the entrance to Christmas Land. I wondered if he was one of the naughty Elf on the Shelf and would let loose with the fire extinguisher. I'm so glad we didn't have Elf on the Shelf when my girlies were little.


Inside, trees decorated with a hundred different themes. I like how they made ribbon candy with ribbon.


Each vignette reminded me of being taken to Jordan Marsh, a Boston department store (later bought out by Macy's) to visit the Enchanted Village and to see Santa.






I thought the pair of swans was very pretty reflected in their mirror ponds.


I couldn't decide if the snowman was cute or creepy.



Loved the polar bear.


 There were so many people in line and so many trees, it was hard to get pictures of the whole tree.


The sign made me laugh


Mrs. Claus and the Elf Band rehearsed while


Santa played with his trains


Look, a snowy owl


And a little deer running away from creepy children


Loved the black bears


All the trees are numbered and were for sale.  You could buy the whole shebang or find the ornaments in the store to decorate your tree with a theme.


I wonder how many horses' patoots (what Himself says when the girlies and I are around) Papa Bear is saying as he untangles strings of lights.


This bear enjoys a hot beverage while reading a favorite book




I finally got the tops of some Christmas trees



After wending my way through the line, I could use a cup of tea. Which I got when we stopped for brunch at the Iron Bridge Inn


Not only tea, but Himself and I were able to stick to the Keto diet though it was hard to pass up the waffles, French toast, and pastries for scrambled eggs, green beans, bacon, and sausage. Himself also had roast beef and both of us missed shrimp cocktail. I thought about going up after I finished my plate, but I was too full.


A Merry Christmoose

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.



21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought his rack of presents was very clever

      Delete
  2. Both beautiful and fun.
    Kudos for sticking on your diet.
    Did you know Elf on the Shelf was an Indie put together by sisters and their mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but I'm so glad my girlies were told old for Elf and I didn't have to come up with clever ideas in an already uber busy time

      Delete
  3. Wow, what fabulous Christmas displays! The decorations look amazing, and the polar bear, black bear tree, little deer and snowy owl caught my eye 😉. I think I would have been in heaven looking around, it's so magical! Your meal looks delicious too! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decorations were very beautiful. Something for every taste and such clever combinations

      Delete
  4. I love the tree displays. Yes, Elf on the Shelf is creepy, but that snowman is adorable :) I'd be glad to have him, especially since he may be as close to snow as we ever get this winter ;) I'm not blaming them for leaving all this up for so long. It must've taken ages to put it up and even longer to take it down again. It definitely looks worth standing in line for. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't decide whether the snowman was cute or creepy in a cute sort of way. I don't care if it never snows this Winter. I wouldn't want to be the one that has to put all the boxes away for next year.

      Delete
  5. I liked the pics with the bears best. Your food looks great, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And a little deer running away from creepy children"

    CRACKIN UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely amazing and incredible place, CJ. I can see why your daughter brought you there. I'm sure it was quite the treat, too. I think the teapots were awesome and I know someone who would LOVE to buy some for a tree in her house (Jeanie at The Marmalade Gypsy).

    This place vaguely reminded me of the time Erika took us to a chocolate place at Christmas. This and the place Erika went to were both over the top in design and style of various trees.

    I want to go to that brunch buffet. Believe me, I would eat all the goodies you didn't!! Thanks for sharing this incredible place with us for T this Tuesday and a belated Merry Christmoose to you, too (grin)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brunch is really amazing. Lots to choose from. The waffles are out of this world. And the goodies are too die for

      Delete
  8. What a great post CJ! I can't even imagine putting up all those decorations and then having to take them all down to put up the Easter ones. Are you going to see the Easter display too?
    Really loved all the decorations and all your captions! LOL!
    I've never seen teapots on display like that in a store. Your meal looks really yummy!!!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we won't be able to go back at Easter. Both of us will be teaching and won't have the time off.

      Delete
  9. Wow- that is REALLY impressive. I can see why so many people lined up to see the trees and other decorations. I love Christmas trees and these are really gorgeous looking in photos which means they were probably even more gorgeous in real life. Hope it was a fantastic T day CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos do not do the trees justice. They were amazing.

      Delete
  10. I'm not surprised that the Grinch is your favorite, CJ, ... not because you're anything like the Grinch, but because you have such a dry sense of humor. (If I didn't know better, I'd think you were British in the ilk of Fawlty Towers.)

    What fabulous displays. They remind me of going to downtown Milwaukee to see the incredible store windows at Gimbels and Boston Store. It was a much-anticipated annual family outing.

    I'm giggling over "a little deer running away from creepy children" and I can't stop ...

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get very Grinchy as the holidays approach. :-D Maybe because we’re bombarded with Christmas stuff 2 minutes after Halloween. Sometimes the holiday doesn’t seem special because the anticipation just keeps dragging. Does that sound Grinchy?
      :-D And those children were very creepy

      Delete