Sunday, June 13, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Did some bunny eat one of the morning glory plants?
 

Queen Anne's Lace




The morning glories are doing well


Some bunny didn't eat the morning glory. Some dirt buried it when it was watered.


Grounding wire for the greenhouse


Spinach and lettuce or lettuce and spinach.


The bucket brigade


Lots of blossoms on the milkweed


Assorted green things


Sugar snap pea blossoms and a bean


Snowball bushes done for the season


Mountain Laurel


Sunset


Sluggo came to visit. Himself put a layer of vaseline on all of the pots and planters so Sluggo wouldn't be able to climb them to snack on the growing things.


Day 5 of a heatwave. Perfect weather!


Holes in the hillside like and apartment complex


Some clover planted itself in a pot


Himself had visited a garden center and said I saw something there you would really like. We went back to the garden center. Himself was right. The birdbath has a larger and deeper bowl and is perfect for the solar fountain.

How does your garden grow?



20 comments:

  1. Queen Anne's Lace! How wonderful that you have space and sun enough for such a great variety of plants! And that solar fountain is a great addition. Pretty birdbath.

    I bought some catmint this year and am trying to root cuttings. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly over an acre of land with half being woods, most of the things that grow in "the garden" are wild.

      Delete
    2. Nothing on my patio is wild lol I transplanted violets and they did well, but the clover I tried died a straggly death.

      Delete
  2. WOW! That greenhouse is going to be bursting with good things soon! And the birdbath is just perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of the good things will be living outside the greenhouse right now. Himself is worried that it will get too hot inside it even with the little windows and door open.

      Delete
  3. Your gardens look great. And I love that blue bird bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Love the cobalt blue bird bath:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Himself saw it, he knew I would like it

      Delete
  5. That is a gorgeous birdbath CJ. The blue is a fantastic color. The hubby had a very nice find and good for him to bring it home. Have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bucket brigade. Wish I had thought of that instead of pots. Your plants are doing so much better than mine.

    How long did you stay out in that 92 F weather? I was back inside when it was early morning and around 80 F. Thank goodness for AC, which is on all the time now.

    Cobalt blue is my favorite. This is a beautiful new fountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hung out in the sun room and if it got too bad, I went inside for some AC. Until I got cold! 😺

      Delete
  7. Your garden is looking good. I even get slugs on my balcony, I wonder how they get up here?! We're in for a heatwave this week, you'd like it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, slugs on your balcony. That's an impressive climb!

      Delete
  8. i don't think i've ever seen mountain laurel - gotta look that up. Again - i want a greenhouse! we are starting are heat up today and we have to go down the mountain to 100 some degrees to pick up our second car that we left down there at our son's place. ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your birdbath! We have lots of holes too, on one side. I think it's the chipmunks?? Love the sunset! Everything is looking amazing CJ! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely sunset and I do like the blue birdbath.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete