Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Whatcha Doin?

 


A couple of weeks ago we watched the movie, Oz, the Great and Powerful. I enjoyed this movie as much as  The Wizard of Oz which is  one of my favorite horror movies, but I have never read any of the books by L. Frank Baum. So I have decided to read the series starting with the first book.

The other books in the series are:

The Marvelous Land of Oz

Ozma of Oz

Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz

The Road to Oz

The Emerald City of Oz

The Patchwork Girl of Oz

Tik-Tok of Oz

The Scarecrow of Oz

Rinkitink in Oz

The Lost Princess of Oz

The Tin Woodman of Oz

The Magic of Oz

Glinda of Oz.


Have you read the Oz books? Whatcha doin?


13 comments:

  1. I've only read the first one (which was last year) but I really enjoyed it. Let me know what you think of the others. I am curious if I should continue on to those or not. Stay cool CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This first one is so different from the movie. Only 1 more day of intense heat. You stay cool, too

      Delete
  2. I was amazed by how much the movie differed from the book. We had a few of the books when the kids were little, and they enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the book and movie are two very different stories

      Delete
  3. I've only seen the movie and one or two documentaries about Baum. All very interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what he would have thought of the 1939 movie?

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of these books!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wizard of Oz is a horror movie?! Now I want to see it.
    Always thought it´s a kid´s story.... (and I even admit this!)
    Henry is interested now, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, it's a kid's story, but there are scary elements in it. The Wicked Witch, The Wicked Witch's army, her flying monkeys. Since I'm not a fan of musicals like the 1939 film with Judy Garland, I call it a horror movie. 😺

      Delete
  6. I've also only seen the movie. I had no idea there were so many of these books by Baum. He was definitely the wizard behind the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read any of the books either! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete