Friday, June 25, 2021

The Friday Five Good Things

 

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Saw the first fireflies of the season.

2. On the first day of Summer, the female cardinal came to visit while I was in the sun room having my afternoon cup of tea. Hi, Ma! She loved this room almost as much as I do.

3. The male cardinal was singing all day and came to visit while I was having my afternoon cup of tea. Hi Dad! My dad loved to sing and had a beautiful voice. After he retired, he was a soloist with his church choir and the director for his senior center's singing group.

4. My cousin sent an obituary about a first cousin once removed. She passed on Valentines Day of this year. I asked him how he found out about her passing as I thought there was no one left from that generation. 

He said he had a dream and he was over (great) Uncle's house visiting and sitting at the table having coffee. He saw the cousin. He woke up and it was 2:30 AM. Just for the heck of it, he did a search on her name and found the obit.

5. Attended a Wellness fair with Master Beef and Grandmaster E.  A fun night visiting with friends.

How was your week?

22 comments:

  1. Your week sounds good. My week was good, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good week CJ. I sat outside one night and watched fireflies too. I just love them. And your cousin and his dream is fascinating. I've had a similar experience and I know others who has have them too. It was a nice week for me also. I didn't know today was going to be so dark and cloudy though. Have a great weekend. The last in June, holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the Solstice, the veil between the worlds was thin so messages could come across.

      Today, is supposed to clear, but not until later this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely week! (I actually went OUT to lunch with a new friend! Will wonders never cease!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out to lunch and with a new friend. Very cool

      Delete
  4. Five wonders. Good things indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. The last fireflies I saw was 1995. Lucky you!
    Sweet birds. So sad to let go of others. I have no contact to my cousins anymore.Wellness.. not here, I froze my but# off. Summer is on vacation (but maybe back this weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few cousins I'm in contact with through Facebook as they live out of state. This cousin is like a little brother. He calls from time to time to check on the old lady 😺

      Delete
  6. how was my week...I won't go there...

    cute drawing of the cardinals; saw fireflies out my window last night!!!

    happy weekend CJ.... !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED your drawings of the cardinals. It appears you had a fabulous week, much better than mine. My highlight was seeing that tiny bunny rabbit in my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardinal drawing is from an old Friday Five. The tiny bunny must be so cute. Watch out for your plants.
      😉

      Delete
  8. We always see the first fireflies in June, too, just earlier in the month. Magical :) It's a joy to hear that "first cousin once removed" talk. Degrees of connection are fascinating to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure out what once removed meant.

      Delete
  9. I SO fondly remember fireflies - chasing them on a summer night in Kansas City as a kid. Wow would I love to see them again. Love u had cardinals visit. My week was doing a whole lot of stuff around the house, including Mike painting the deck(s) and railings and me doing more and more clean up in the yard. It's a pain living in the mountains. The tree droppings never stop - each season different things - So far the "wingnuts" have begun dropping from the incense cedar trees and will continue through winter ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every location has seasonal chores. There's always something

      Delete
  10. but...I wouldn't change it - we will not be as hot as elsewhere in california.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good. We're in for a 4 or 5 day heatwave. I don't mind. It beats shoveling snow.

      Delete
  11. I love your visits from the cardinals! That's amazing about the dream and what came about!!! Would love to see some fireflies! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evenings have been warm and humid so the fireflies are out sparking up the sky

      Delete