Friday, December 31, 2021

The Friday Five Good Things

2021 Christmas Day Family Photo

 1. Saw the female cardinal in the honeysuckle vine watching me through the kitchen window. She left and then the male showed up. Ma and Dad checking on Christmas Eve preparations

2.  The Eldest's flight was cancelled for Sunday, but she was rebooked for Monday 12/27 early morning. Whew! When the Young One did a project semester in California, her flight was cancelled due to weather and it took 5 days before she got a flight out.

3.  The Eldest is here!

4.The Eldest and I have been binge watching Gundam Wing, one of her favorite anime series

5.Had fun with the family toodling around town looking at Christmas lights

How was your week?

23 comments:

  1. My week was busy, getting ready for the Clinic, but Now I'm here. Happy new Year to you and yours, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you. I hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  2. My week was relaxing and from Tuesday on, quiet, but your week sounds absolutely wonderful. Enjoy the last of this holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a happy, quiet week. Hanging out, eating, watching programs.

      Delete
  3. Good things today - house is clean, made amazing pudding shots (some with baileys, some with Godiva and chambord) for tonight, and we finally get to kick the year in the bum!

    Hope 2022 is a good year for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time are you serving the pudding shots? 😉

      Delete
    2. Started at 6.30... still enjoying them today as I made 50 of them :)

      Delete
  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR, CJ! Wishing you all a good 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad the eldest made it home and now you are all together for the new year. LOVE that family photo.

    Scott and I looked at lights in the neighborhood and that was the extent of my weekend. Have a super new year and enjoy your time together as a family. Here's hoping 2022 is a better year. Enjoy, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Elizabeth. The best to you and your boys

      Delete
  6. Love the pic!
    Here this week was up and down. I wanted to do so much and all I did was... laundry. Whewwwww.... Can only get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your family photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're having a fun week! This time of year I'm in footies, but my feet wanna be bare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live with a bunch of Flintstones. They run around barefoot no matter what the weather

      Delete
  9. I'm glad things worked out for the Christmas holiday. (Warning: flights back out might have cancellations, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her flight back wasn't cancelled but delayed an hour and a half because of fog. She finally took off and got back home safely

      Delete