Monday, December 13, 2021

Happy Mail



In the mail, a card from Robin at Pink House Studio. On the back of the envelope, a seal. One of Robin's whimsical characters. A Martini, shaken and not stirred, armed with an olive is ready to do battle with a Christmas tree. That's what he looks like to me. Oh wait, just projecting as I will be trying to hang ornaments from the tree while two kitties try to help.


For the philatelists, a close-up of one of the stamps from the series A Visit From St. Nick


The front of Robin's card. Ain't that the truth!


The inside inscription: Have some yuletide cheer!!!
And a personal note: Wishing you a happy holiday season and a winter with no snow! Robin, from your fingers to Gawd's eyes!


Later in the week, a book from author, Sandra Cox as a thank you for the cinnamon tea I sent to her when she said she couldn't find any in the stores in her area.

This book is the third book in the Catarau series which follows three cats, Shardai, Akasha, and Makita as they journey from this life to another of their nine lives.


Inside, a personal note and Sandra decorated my initials. Too fun!   I look forward to reading this story Sandra though I can tell you, Shardai will always be my favorite from this series.

Robin, Sandra, thank you for thinking of me and brightening my mailbox.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts in the mail. Sandra's books are all great, and Robin's card is such fun! Have a great Monday, keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun happy mail. I love that martini. That is really clever and playful too. Its nice out today. Just got home from my walk. Wish it was sunny, but I'll take some warm and no sun. How's your weather? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun came out around mid-morning. Not bright, but still sunny

      Delete
  3. I hope Gawd 'heard' my wish but I'm not making any promises! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply wonderful to receive happy mail. I hope you get lots more before Christmas, too. These were both thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, I received some Happy Mail all the way from Kansas!

      Delete