Monday, February 26, 2024

Crockpot Lasagna

 
I got requests for the Crockpot Lasagna recipe I mentioned the other day. So here, goes:

The recipe for Crockpot Lasagna can be found at   https://stockpilingmoms.com/slow-cooker-freezer-meal-lasagna/

This recipe calls for vegetables like carrots, celery, and green pepper. I leave the veggies out. As my dad would say, "Not our food"

The recipe calls for cottage cheese. Dad, again. So I use Ricotta cheese. And I leave out the sugar. 

 For the freezer meal, I bagged everything except the can of tomatoes and jar of pasta sauce. I wrote instructions on the Ziplock bag to add these when the meal is going to be used.

You'll have 8 lasagna noodles and Ricotta cheese if you use that, for another meal. So I made one to use and one to freeze.

The recipe is very customizable to your taste. I think 8 hrs. is too long a cooking time so I set it for 6 hrs. Some of the noodles got a little scorched. So I think anywhere from 4 - 6 on low would work. The noodles aren't al dente and are on the soft side but not bad. It doesn't serve as pretty as the clipart image, but it does taste good. I never hear complaints from my crew.

Cleanup is easy if you use Slow Cooker Liners.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds easy to make. And I'm with you (and I'm not even Italian) but cottage cheese should replaced by ricotta. Have a great Monday. The warm up is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice out today, until the wind picked up

      Delete
  2. Slow Cooker Liners were an epiphany for me a few years ago!!!! Wish i had know about them sooner... ! Sounds yummy!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother clued me in when the liners first came out. So much easier for clean up

      Delete
  3. Sounds good, and I love your attitude to veggies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my friend, Andy told me: Veggies are what food eats. 😸

      Delete