Tuesday, February 20, 2024

T Stands For Teaching Assistants' Luncheon

Himself chose last Saturday to be the day he takes his teaching assistants out to lunch to thank them for all the work they do helping him in the chemistry lab.

Our friend, Elaine, owner of the UxLocale started a lunch service so that's where we decided to go. Elaine never disappoints.


We ordered some homemade potato chips with an onion dip as an appetizer. I ordered meatball sliders, and I had a glass of unsweetened ice tea with lemon.


Himself ordered The Mac Daddy: shredded mozzarella, ground beef, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed pizza. Did you sing the jingle? I did.

Usually at the lunches some of the students are shy and there are lots of awkward silences. I understand it's hard to talk to strangers who are old enough to be your grandparents. Not this time around.

The two students were bright and funny. We had lots of laughs and lively conversation besides a great lunch.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

21 comments:

  1. Wow, what a feast and a lovely way to say thank you to those teaching assistants - perfect 😊. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks amazing sounds like a wonderful luncheon Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love connecting with 'kids' who know how to engage in conversation no matter who or how old those around them are! Glad it was a good time! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lively conversationalists on many subjects so it was very fun

      Delete
  4. Your food looks good. The food here in the clinic is good, but yours looks very tempting! Have a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good food to share with the young people! Hamburgers!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your lunches look amazing. I'm trying to be "good" today, but I think your lunch has changed my mind. :) And I did sing the jingle. It's great when kids talk too. It sounds like you had a whole lot of fun. I hope you're having a great T day and enjoying this sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see the sunshine. I went out to the sunroom, but it was still too chilly. The kitties had a good time sunning themselves out there and watching the birds.

      Delete
  7. How very nice to have lunch with the teaching assistants! I love to connect with students and much younger people, they have so much energy. I teach adults and mostly older ones, but one year I had three teenagers in my class - it was the best year! We had so much fun and laughed a lot. The energy and ideas of the kids really moved the class along in a very different way. It was fantastic. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds a good lunch.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great time with some interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good food, good company, you can't ask for better

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome that you all had such a great time for once with the TAs. The meatball sliders look good and I LOVE mozzarella cheese. Thanks for sharing your meals, appetizer, and iced tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good, I hope it tasted the way it looked. I am sorry that you can´t taste it on PC. Have a good time and thanks for visiting my blog
    https://violettaarden9.blogspot.com/2024/02/ein-jubilaum-und-innsbruck-auf-neuen.html

    ReplyDelete