Sunday, February 18, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?

The weather dudes began hyping the snowstorm last week. By last weekend, the storm was downgraded from 8 to 12 inches to 1 to 4 inches. I was happy dancing for the lower totals. 440 school districts across the Commonwealth had cancelled school the night before the storm


Heavy wet snow didn't keep the birds away from the feeder.



At noon, I went to clear snow from the walk, stairs, and to clear the snow off the car. The plow guy hadn't gotten to us yet, but temperatures were supposed to drop and everything would freeze making the clearing much harder.

This was supposed to be a nothing storm. I measured 7.5 inches (19.05 cm) on the walk and it was still snowing!


The gnomes measured a little less, but they are on higher ground.

Most of the state got next to nothing. The band of snow just blew through my area. Deep sigh.



A few days later, we got a dusting of snow. I went to clear the snow from the car and the sky facing West was so pretty. When I was little Himself's dad told me the name of this color was Sky Blue Pink

How does your garden grow?

16 comments:

  1. We had a dusting on FRiday but missed the storm completely earlier in the week. That was OK with me since we already have snow and it's icy too. Let's hope for a warm up very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metrowest, Boston, and North missed the storm. All those schools that cancelled and had a make believe snow day. My area south of the Pike got around 8 inches of snow. It's suppose to warm up all this week though I heard another chance of snow at the end of the week.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Your father-in-law to be was right! That IS the technical name! 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pink clouds are stunning. We also had snow that was initially going to be 1-2 and ended up 5-6. Warming up tomorrow, so should be gone soon. Hope yours doesn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a second round of the white crap as well. It started on my way home from work at 10:30pm on Friday night and stopped sometime in the early hours Saturday morning. The only good thing was that it warmed up (38 degrees) just enough to melt SOME of it anyhow. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink clouds. I wanted to walk in the park here, but it rained non-stop all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does mine grow......being I am in a brand new home, there has not been a garden here before. Maybe there has, it could have been farm land before, but for me, never grown one here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful sky and color. NOAA changed their forecast for my area, for the past two snow storms. (Both were more than they said.) But, the power of the sun has been doing wonders melting it. Yay! - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No snow where I live (in the UK) but more rain!
    Everything is so soggy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete