Friday, February 16, 2024

The Friday Five Good Things

 

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Calli whines at the studio/office door. Lately, she's been flying down the hall to get into the room when the door opens.  I put a baby gate up. She can see in and see me. She's not sure what to make of my cage, but she's not crying at the door anymore while I work

2. Market32 had pastina!

3. I connected with my cousin's daughter (first cousin once removed). We had a nice chat. She's in her 40s now and I felt ancient ๐Ÿ˜บ

4. Himself gave me a solar powered cat mobile and temple bells garden stake for Valentine's Day. though The garden stake  was not what he ordered. He had ordered a cat with a bell stake.

5. Teague and I went out to breakfast. We tried stopping at First Bite in Grafton, but there were people milling around outside as the place wasn't opened. We found another place called Star Donut though the donuts were wiped out. I had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a croissant with home fries. Yummy and very reasonably priced.

How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. My week has been good with lots of art time and a couple of fantastic walks. And 2 lunches out too! That pastina looks like it would be great in soup. And too bad the donuts were gone, but your breakfast sounds great. The sun is finally coming out here and the wind, like yours, is brutal. Glad I can hunker down inside today. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A walk and 2 lunches out sounds like a great week.

      Delete
  2. Now I want egg on a roll (which they don't know how to do down here.....sigh.....) ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon up. We'll find a place to go to breakfast where they make egg on a roll.

      Delete
  3. Sounds a good week. Awww, Calli just wants to keep you company I guess? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calli wants attention, doesn't want to be picked up or cuddle. Wants me to pet her with my eyes ๐Ÿ˜บ

      Delete
  4. Clever solution with Calli!
    Haha, I know your feeling. Same when I talk to big Niece!
    Or, worse, the wee one, I never know what toys she's speaking of!
    It was a mixed week, mostly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had sunshine and delicious heat. That sounds like heaven to me.

      Delete
  5. I am thinking of “pastina in brodo” (which was broth and that type of pasta) from a very long-ago trip to Italy, and haven’t thought of it ever since. So your good find is fun for me to remember. I think it was part of a set menu at a very cheap restaurant.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week. And it sounds like Calli wants to hang out with you. :-) - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete