Monday, January 7, 2019

The Wabi Sabi Book

After the Coptic Binding workshop, we were given a homework assignment. We're supposed to fill the book and then show them off at the annual guild Spring Brunch.



I've been thinking about what to put in my book. I debated about covering the book in decorative paper, but I like the black cover and the way the kitty cat bead looks to hold the book closed. I decided to use some of the paste papers we made in the first half of the workshop as end papers to the book. End papers are decorative papers glued to the front and back covers.




I decided the title of my book would be Wabi Sabi. Nothing is permanent, nothing is perfect, nothing is complete.

I would use the book for ideas for short quotes, illuminated initials, drawings, and whatever else strikes my fancy.




14 comments:

  1. I like the call you made about the book cover -it makes a striking statement as it is. Your end papers are lovely, and the wabi sabi concept will lend itself well to your pages as you create them. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever was the working title, but Wabi Sabi sounds so much better.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy! A new pristine book to draw in! Intimidating.....isn't it? :-/ (great job, btw....copic binding can be confusing and difficult to master.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that the title page is out of the way, the writing in the rest of the book won't be so scary

      Delete
  3. Great start! Also, I like your approach- not to many rules but some guidelines.... Hope to see it in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe not perfect, but it's certainly purrfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly love what you are doing CJ! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you were smart to leave the black front with that pretty bead. I like it. And I love the WAbi Sabi theme. I hope you share your pages with us as you work on the book. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete