Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Ivanhoe (1952) Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor

If you haven't seen this movie it's available for rent on YouTube.

22 comments:

  1. Well, well, a film I have actually seen, as it's one of those the TV programmes always show us again and again at holiday times to save money! Have a fun weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice for a holiday film with all the color and pageantry

      Delete
  2. I know the story but have never seen this film. That I know. But I should see it as it has Elizabeth Taylor who I do know. Happy weekend. Hope you made (make) it home safe from your class. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is definitely a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be a good movie CJ !! Thanks so much for sharing, I ´ve seen Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor, it is a good film too. I wish you a very happy weekend, big hugsss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of Elizabeth Taylor's early movies. Still a good story

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have seen this one-great cast Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic I think …

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the book before I saw the movie, but I liked both. It's a great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the book before seeing the movie, too. And I think the film did a great job of adapting the story

      Delete
  8. I don't think I ever saw this movie. Elizabeth Taylor was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! A lovely rainy Saturday TV film! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen it, but I have heard about it! I have to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good adaptation and fairly close to the novel.

      Delete