Sunday, June 10, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Mr. Gosbeak stopped by.


Solar butterfly globe


in the butterfly garden.


Mystery yellow


and white flowers among the weeds.


Someone has been busy digging a hole 


Devil's weed (wild morning glory) started taking over the snowball bushes.


Visiting a garden center, Himself found the hanging basket filled with lobelia and yellow flowers. The basket is called High Noon. Perfect if you love Westerns.


Morning glories (not the wild ones) are beginning to climb the trellis. Timex (chipmunk) likes to roll around in the dirt in this planter.


Half an inch or so of rain this week.


The morning glory planted in the boot didn't make it. I found these solar blue bells, but they don't light up. Maybe the reason they were on sale.


Morning glories in Ink's garden reaching for the trellis.


The mountain laurel is in full bloom.


Blossoms on the tomato plant.


Queen Anne's lace  among variegated green leaves.


Morning glories rise in the post lantern planter. A clump of the variegated leaves is doing well. Two other clumps, not so good.


A pretty weed of 3 little maids.


Inside, Big Lily's flower seems to be on the wane.

How does your garden grow?

13 comments:

  1. I just love how your wild critters outside have the cutest names! Great pics!

    Cloudy and supposed to rain all day here. In fact, it is pouring rain.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little cloudy now though it is supposed to be partly sunny today. Not supposed to rain until a possible thunderstorm on Wednesday

      Delete
  2. The 'weeds' are sometimes prettier than the 'real' flowers! LOL ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking good. Love that grosbeak bird, we don't have them over here. I love 'real' flowers and weeds, and have a happy mix on my balcony! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on the weeds to give color to the garden.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking lovely 😁. I've never seen a gosbeak before, isn't he magnificent! I'm loving all your flowers and ornaments, the butterfly globe is so pretty. I've been taking more of an interest this year in the garden and we've just planted some new apple trees - yay! Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents had an apple tree in their yard. One of my cousins ate an apple and he planted the seeds and one came up!

      Delete
  5. What a great week for your garden. Everything looks so lovely, and those 3 little maids weeds were gorgeous, too. Had to laugh at the solar bells and boot. I've been known to get sucked into sales that I should have walked past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden is looking great. I am jealous you have the grosbeak. I used to have them but not for a couple of years now. It was always so exciting to get these visitors too. The solar butterfly globe is pretty cool also. I have never seen one of those Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! gorgeous garden..love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great CJ!! Mr. Gosbeak is gorgeous! The solar butterfly globe is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had grosbeaks here one year, but just one year. What fun it must be to get them every year! I love your mountain laurel and queen anne's lace especially. I'd love both of those for attracting the butterflies. My peace lilies are blooming outside right now, but they may be getting too much sun out there.

    I love seeing what's going on in your garden :)

    ReplyDelete