Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in alphabetical order:


Alvarez Kelly, (1966), Richard 😻 Widmark, William Holden

If you haven't seen this movie you can pay to watch at YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCMFpn3FJA

14 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the film, doesn't look like anything I might like! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to like Westerns to appreciate this one.

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of joining you, Kathy, and Erika in this weekly adventure, only, as I told Kathy, I'm not sure I can come up with 10 films I've even seen, much less would want to watch again!

    Never heard of this, and it doesn't sound like something I would want to see, much less PAY to see. I guess I'd like to know a bit about each film, too. Perhaps at some time in the not foreseeable future, you will show a film I've heard of (grin). Please keep them coming, because I'm enjoying this weekly romp in movie land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in. It's always fun to get recommendations and have your horizons expanded.

      Delete
  3. I have watched allot of old westerns growing up and one of my favorite actors is Holden. I don't remember this one though but I am thinking I probably watched it-in'66 I was still in high school.
    great movie choice thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the usual Western fare, but a good story.

      Delete
  4. I like Holden and Widmark but not in this movie..... I guess I'm more of a 30's/40's fan.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know this movie at all. I think I need to check it out. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one. I don't usually watch films based on historical events or films that take place during wars lol so it's no wonder I missed this one. I'm saving it, so I can watch it sometime. You can never go wrong with Holden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holden is good in this though my heart belongs to Widmark

      Delete
  7. Another one I don't know of. Will have to mention it to my mom. We like Westerns! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete