Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in alphabetical order:


The Agony and the Ecstasy, (1965), Charlton Heston, Rex Harrison

If you haven't seen this movie you can watch it on Amazon (free with Prime Subscription) or Pay per View: https://www.amazon.com/Agony-Ecstasy-Charlton-Heston/dp/B001M3PPP4/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1528980753&sr=1-1&keywords=agony+and+the+ecstacy

And a little bit of fun trivia. The voice over actor in the trailer sounds like Bob May who played the voice of The Robot in the 1960s Irwin Allen television series Lost in Space

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear, another film I've never seen! One of these days I will start watching all the movies I haven't yet seen.... Have a great Saturday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this and I have NO idea who any of the played the voice over. I feel like I'm swimming in concrete when I see people sharing these movies that were around before I was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid there will be a lot more movies from my favorites that were made before you were born.

      Delete
  3. I have not seen this one and I do love Charlton Heston. The other day I say him in Mountain Man-which I had heard about but never seen-for time period it was put together really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to see this movie lately. I thought about reading the book, which I still might, but it is pretty thick which is tough when reading time is limited. Now that I know it's one of your favorites, that means it is a good film. Not that anything with Charleton Heston is too shabby. Have a great Saturday and hope you see a good movie soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all my favorites will be good ones. Saw a clip on Facebook that made me think you would like it as it's a celebration of last day of school: https://www.facebook.com/wcvb5/videos/10156582465624114/

      Enjoy the weather today!

      Delete
  5. Never heard of this one either but I love Heston! I think it goes without saying that I loved him in Planet of the Apes. WOW! What a body he had then ... nice buns! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a Heston fan.....sorry.....(but I really enjoyed that receptionist clip!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good thing about the movies is there's something for everyone.

      Delete
  7. OOOHHH YES! I did see part of this movie on tv years back. I did not remember the name until I watched the trailer, but I remember Heston played Michael Angelo. I must watch the rest of it now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one once years ago, but I'm not a fan of Charlton Heston. Soylent Green may be my favorite of his movies. Or maybe Touch of Evil. I'm enjoying your Saturday series :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this movie or seen it! You're introducing me to alot of movies CJ! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete