Tuesday, June 5, 2018

T Stands For Baptism Day


Baby G's gift ready and waiting.


St. Cecilia's Church in Leominster. A really beautiful Gothic style church with amazing stained glass windows.


Baby G waiting in the staging area with her maternal grandma.


The Creation window over the side entrance. I have never seen such brilliant reds in stained glass.


The baptismal fount.


Effigy of St. Cecilia, patron saint of music. When her body was exhumed, one of the steps needed to be declared an official saint by the Catholic church, her body was found intact, not corrupted, as if she was sleeping, hence the above carving.

The ceremony was lovely. Baby G was such an angel. She slept through the whole ceremony without a peep. After the ceremony the Nephew and his Wife, hosted a luncheon at Il Forno in Fitchburg


The pretty cake.


Orange juice + champagne = Mimosas

I was having a nice time and enjoying my lunch, I forgot to take pictures.


I did remember to take pictures of the desserts. Chocolate cake, cannoli, and


the marble cake.


My tea happily steeped and steeped because my Niece let me hold the baby. So Baby G slept while I held her and remembered holding two other, butterball girlies a long time ago.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

29 comments:

  1. Good morning, beautiful post-I agree those stained glass windows are exceptionally lovely.
    the desserts look really delicious.
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to wander to take more pics of the windows. The colors were just breath-taking

      Delete
  2. I loved your post today! You wrapped the gift you made so beautifully and the church looks so beautiful with all the light shining through the stained glass. That's one amazingly decorated cake too 😁. It looks like you had such a wonderful time at the christening and I so enjoyed seeing all your photos. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was very pretty by a local baker. A sweet ending to a perfect day

      Delete
  3. You had me at Mimosa! ;D (and Husband was looking over my shoulder and said the cannoli looked good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The make your own mimosa was a nice touch. The cannoli were delicious

      Delete
  4. What a great time you must have had there. The Church is beautiful and the windows are stunning. The cake and desserts look fantastic, too. So glad baby behaved herself, that's always a bonus! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby is a sweetie and hasn't given her parents any trouble.

      Delete
  5. What a joy! Blessings on the little one and all her family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How special. And the gift basket...purrfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a joyous occasion and celebration! That church is quite beautiful. Everything looks wonderful from the gift to the cake to the food and drinks. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church was pretty much floor to ceiling stained glass windows. Gorgeous

      Delete
  8. What a lovely church to hold the Baptism in, the windows look fantastic.
    Your gift looked wonderful and I'm sure all the guests enjoyed the celebration afterwards.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had an appointment at 9 am, then off to the bank and PO. After that I went grocery shopping at two stores. Got home, put groceries away, and because I hadn't slept since Sunday, I promptly fell asleep. Just woke filled with angst since I had not checked my blog until now!

    This looks like a perfect day for baptism, and a great baby. Good thing your church doesn't immerse the infant, or she would not have slept through the event.

    The food and the tea looked yummy, and the mimosa looked good. I'll take OJ and you can have my champaign.

    I'm sure the gift went over well and the day brought lots of memories for everyone. Thanks for sharing it and your tea with us for T this Tuesday. Again, sorry I'm late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Young One was asleep during her ceremony until the priest poured the water over her head. She screamed like a Ban Sidhe (banshee) :-D

      Delete
  10. What a lovely occasion, stunning stained glass, and yummy looking desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love that stained glass window. And that cake. But my favorite dessert of all time is cannolis. Yummy! It must have been a wonderful day. So glad that you shared pictures with us.
    Happy Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a wonderful event. Too bad Baby G won't actually remember it and how all these people came together for her-and ate cannolis and cake. That's my favorite part of most meals. :) The church was very pretty too. Hope it was a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you can't start a meal with dessert.

      Delete
  13. I sit here with a big grin on my face, CJ, and all I can think to say is "awwww......"

    Weddings and baptisms - bring out the tissues (for tears of joy).

    Belated Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said Awwww, too, when I got to hold my grand niece for the first time.

      Delete
  14. Such a beautiful day! Thank you for letting us be apart of it CJ! Everything looked perfect! I love your present in the Princess gift basket! Adorable! Blessings to the family! Oh, I have to say, the food looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the blessing for the little family. And the food was delicious especially the cannoli.

      Delete