Saturday, June 2, 2018

Saturday Afternoon At The Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in alphabetical order:


A Night To Remember (1958), Kenneth More, David McCallum

If you haven't seen the movie you can watch it for free at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftYho4K3FQ

11 comments:

  1. Well, that's another film I've never heard of, shame on me. I've always preferred books to films. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This version is adapted from the book of the same title by Walter Lord. With a focus on Second Officer Charles Lightoller ( Kenneth More) who survived.

      Delete
  2. I like how you gravitate towards these oldies. Me too. different oldies but still oldies. Not to say there aren't good movies now that is. I haven't seen this one so I need to check it out. Hope you are enjoying this real summer weather. I am looking forward to rain during the school week. Still way too many days of school left for summer heat. :) Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the movies I like best are really old ones. For the most part, the directing and writing were better as well as the acting.

      the hot weather can stay at my house. I hope your house gets more temperate temps at least until school gets out in 3 weeks?

      Delete
  3. I'd have a hard time picking out just 10 too! :-/ (and I agree, the oldies are MUCH better...acting, direction, sets.....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to admit it, but I've never heard of this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, but the story is told in a more documentary type way.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've seen this one. Definitely saving it for later. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one CJ? Will have to look for it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete