Saturday, November 2, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Fellowship of the Rings (2001)
The Two Towers (2002)
The Return of the Kings (2003)

Elijah Wood, Ian McKellan, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin

If you haven't seen these 3 movies, The Two Towers and The Return of the King are available on Netflix. You might also find them for rent on YouTube.

18 comments:

  1. These are fabulous films. Time to rewatch them as we own them on DVD. But maybe it is time for me to finally read the 3 books. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the Trilogy a couple of times. Liked both the novels and the movies.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I film I have actually seen! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful movies, CJ! My husband and I have watched them so many times we know lots of the actors' lines:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids keep trying to get me into these movies. I've tried....just not my thing. :-/ But I cam make the popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when word of this film first started circulating and the casting of Sam was what I feared most. I was sooo happy with their choice and think he did my favorite character proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movies were well cast and Sam was the real hero.

      Delete
  6. I've never seen any of these, BUT I think they are being or have been recently shown on one of the cable channels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The director, Peter Jackson, did a fairly good job of keeping the story line true to the books. He dropped the ball when it came to "The Hobbit", but then I didn't really care for that story as told by Tolkien.

      Delete
  7. Wow! A film I have actually seen and enjoyed!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only saw the first one, and at this point, I don't even remember it (due to my memory problems, not due to the movie being bad). I have all 3 on DVD and have been meaning to binge watch them, but I haven't done that yet. I read the books when I was younger and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingeing LOTR while recovering from a cold is just what the doctor ordered

      Delete