Friday, November 22, 2019

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. I finally got together with my Cousin for lunch. We had a nice lunch at Legal Seafood. I brought the picture of the 1939 Carver Dress Company's company picnic. Her mother and father (my Godparents) worked with Ma. L. had never seen the picture before.

2. I was notified by Ancestry DNA that the test once again went through refinements. On the first past I had less than 1% Polynesian, 78% Italian/Greek, 11 % Middle Eastern, 6% Jewish. On the second pass Italian/Greek got boosted to 89% with the balance made up of areas in the Caucasus. On this pass, I am 100% Italian from the province of Avellino in the Campagnia region, just as I knew, and I can hear my Dad: I told you so! I will miss being less than 1% Polynesian as that was so exotic.

3. We've been invited to Himself's Brother's for Thanksgiving. Everyone was asked to bring a side dish that meant Thanksgiving to them. Himself and I are making eggplant Parmigiana as that was also on the table for my family's holiday and special occasions. The disposable pan Himself bought to serve 14 will fit in the oven!

4. It was a quick moving stomach bug

5. 8 eggplants sliced, fried, and in the freezer to be made into a Parmigiana for next week.

How was your week?


26 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intersting week. The genealogy tests are intriguing. I had a shock when I read mine - although born and brought up in England, 0% English and lots of Eastern European and German....Sorry about the stomach bug! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parmigiana is such a good plan to have☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ancestry did the same thing. I got updated and got a few more zoomed in results. Sounds like you had a great week, EXCEPT for the stomach bug. Good thing it was a quick moving bug. Everything has been been rampant at school this week -ugh! Hope you have a healthy and good weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's bug season. I heard on the news that some school was closed until after Thanksgiving because everyone was sick! Fortunately, this bug was a fast mover and only lasted 1 day

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear #4, hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still not tempted by the genealogy tests -maybe someday... I made eggplant Parmigiana once, and nobody ate it but me. I think I need a different recipe lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to be happy about, especially that quick moving stomach bug! A pretty good week here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, glad that bug didn't stick around and go through the household.

      Delete
  7. I want to thank you for stopping by yesterday. Nothing is broken, but I’m so sore I can’t sit and type with one hand for any length of time. I am sending this generic message because I want you to know I stopped by, appreciate you, and read your post today. Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Elizabeth. I hope the soreness goes away soon. Maybe with some heat or a couple of kitties lying on your arm?

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous week! Glad the stomach bug went away quickly 😁. It sounds like you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration planned with your family and the eggplant parmigiana must be delicious - yum! Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a good week. I didn't realize Ancestry DNA did refinements: I assumed the first pass would be the only pass, and accurate. Interesting. Stomach bugs are the worst. I've heard one is going around here in CT too. I hope I don't get it. Your eggplant parmigiana dish sounds good for Thanksgiving. It's nice to keep traditions alive. Every year, I make my Great Grandmother's stuffing recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they keep refining the DNA process for more accuracy. I hope you don't get the stomach bug either especially with the holiday coming up

      Delete
  10. Eggplant Parmigiana! Very yummy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to visit family - interesting heritage, eggplant parmigiano. That would be a good additioin for sure. hope your thanks giving is great. We will be up at the central coast at my sister's but have hear we are going to have a big snow storm while we are gone. ugh.

    ReplyDelete